• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a completist????

Are you a completist????  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a completist????

144 posts in this topic

The worst thing about comics is that they have a number on them.

I think that's why it's easier to pick and choose Golden age books, many have the number only on the inside. Some clever marketing person came along and said "hey, let's make it impossible for some one to go to sleep at night with a gap in their run, put that thing on the cover".

I just completed my Daredevil run, all volumes, one-shots, variants, and mini-series. I'm now trying to find all the covers out there with him on it from other series. That's much harder. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing they are up there lined up like little soldiers safely in their boxes. Now on to Amazing Spiderman....

I have a lot of mini-runs going. Some numerical (Tick 1-12) others by artist. I'm working an all books by McFarlane as well as Billl Sienkiewicz.

Someday I would like to have a high grade run of all the Amazing Spiderman triple-digit x00's (100, 200, 300, etc..) They would make great dividers in my long boxes... ;)

Mostly, yes. I've finished ASM, DD, and a ton of other shorter Marvel runs. I have every FF, Avengers, and X-men story, like in issue or Essential and all of those go very low.

But in general I like having every issue of something, whatever it is. That's why I've got over 20,000 comics up in a room!

I am a completist and collect all titles from all companies, all ages, all genres.

Recently I have been thinking of narrowing my focus to certain things and actually selling some of my collection to make some space.......just thinking mind.