• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 1 CGC 8.5 Blue...$3,770.22

82 posts in this topic

I've seen a few STT Annual #2 in at least VF 8.0, I don't see very many ASM Annual #1's in VF 8.0..I don't believe I've ever seen one in NM 9.4..they're both about equally tough for me to find at least.

Brian

who's talking VF - we're talking HIGH grade. laugh.gif

Just checked CGC and not only are there 2x as many Spidey Annual #1s

in high grade as Strange Tales Annual #1, but there are 8 copies in 9.4 or better compared to only 2 for the Strange Tales.

Well, I have a Amazing Spiderman Annual #1 CGC 9.0, offwhite to white pages in my personal collection, no comments. But the big question when it comes crunch time - How much are you willing to pay? My dealer hat is off, I'm a collector so I have emotional attachment and I know what it is worth. Be careful, this could reveal something very interesting

The Diamond Run Amazing Fantasy #15 was sold with ShowCase New England. Dandy Dan can actually turn up a good book or two. With the AF #15 I was also able to buy 2 X-Men #1's from him, a Avengers #1 and a FF #1 white cover with offwhite pages.

I'd consider overpaying to be the mark of someone who's not patient..as we have all seen ASM's maybe rare in some cases but they're never rare enough that you can't afford to pass up an issue... :\

And yes, I am in high desire of the issue..but I also won't pay too much..that doesn't mean that I desire the book any less..just that I like to be "smart" with my money.

Brian

slabbed? if so what were the grades? sounds like a good trade, but if i had one of the best in existance, not to mention a pedigree, i would never get rid of a HG key for lower grade keys no matter the multiples. but that's just me

Meth..that could be a plate problem...they could have accidently hung the wrong color plates on the wrong cylinders,exmaples is a 1 blue goes on top which the hung on where page 2 should have gone on the bottom..i know i have done it myself,supervisor wasn't too happy with me...lol Kevin

Strange Tales #102-115, again a title that is generally geographic in nature

STRANGE TALES is a title that I avidly collect for several reasons, one of them being that they are so much more inexpensive than other Marvels of the era. And there are some real gems here: 114 is an underrated book IMHO, and will probably go up in value if a really good Captain America movie is ever made. The Subby/Torch battle issue is a blast, and the second annual is one of the best SA books of them all. The only key I'm missing is #110; I would love to find a mid grade affordable copy. The only ones I see on eBay are really ugly beater copies or ultra high grade CGC that go way over guide(and therefore are out of my range).

Not picking on Strange Tales collectors but the reason the title is still affordable is because the demand is not that high. If reported sales increased on the title the guide would go up. Much like "Duck" collectors/dealers who get yelled at during the Overstreet Advisor meetings.

Not picking on Strange Tales collectors but the reason the title is still affordable is because the demand is not that high.

That's true. Also, the Torch stories start to go downhill a little bit around Issue #118 or so; the artwork was getting sloppy. Still, the earlier issues are fun and the Ditko Dr. Strange stories are reason enough to buy some of the later books.

Much like "Duck" collectors/dealers who get yelled at during the Overstreet Advisor meetings.

That line cracked me up. I'm sick & tired of hearing about "duck this, duck that", "Barks this, Barks that" in Michael Naiman's CBM reports. It's become quite nauseating.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics