• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beautiful but dangerous, Femme Fatale covers, suggestions wanted

83 posts in this topic

Senorita Rio! cloud9.gif

FightComics39FNVFsm.jpg

Is Senorita Rio good or bad, bad as in unlawful? I thought she was a spy or something like that? I don't know much about her. I like it though, I may get one just because she looks good. devil.gif

Senorita Rio was a Hollywood star who became a spy during World War II. After the war, while the other stars of Fight Comics went on to civilian jobs such as boxer or private detective, Ms. Rio continued to work as a spy in South America. She's one of the good guys, er, gals. Not a femme fatale.

Yeah, but she's hot and has a gun. sumo.gif

(BTW, nice av Sean! thumbsup2.gif)

Edited by Theagenes

She has a gun and she knows how to use it...

Regarding the avatar, I stole it off the web. There's an artist out there selling prints of that image. I just now realized he lifted it from the Fight 39 cover. Perhaps someone should send Ms. Renee after him.

She has a gun and she knows how to use it...

Regarding the avatar, I stole it off the web. There's an artist out there selling prints of that image. I just now realized he lifted it from the Fight 39 cover. Perhaps someone should send Ms. Renee after him.

I found that artist too, and I was really tempted to buy the print, but he wanted too much for just a print. That is a great book.

Good grief!!!! There are tons of these out there!!!

7382_4_01.jpg

I have noticed that, thanks to this thread and some research on my own I have a list of about 70 "bad girl" covers. I will be busy for a while.

As an added bonus, I have seen a lot of really cool crime covers that I am now interested in, and I know crime is an unloved niche. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have noticed that, thanks to this thread and some research on my own I have a list of about 70 "bad girl" covers. I will be busy for a while.

As an added bonus, I have seen a lot of really cool crime covers that I am now interested in, and I know crime is an unloved niche. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I figured there were quite a few, but I had no idea. I just went to GCDB and typed in "Crime" and started looking at the cover galleries. I'm sure there are quite a few titles that don't include "crime" in the cover that would fall underneath the umbrella as well. I'd love to start collecting these books as well, but I've gotta maintain focus.

Good luck with your "quest" and be sure to post books as you get them. thumbsup2.gif

I figured there were quite a few, but I had no idea. I just went to GCDB and typed in "Crime" and started looking at the cover galleries. I'm sure there are quite a few titles that don't include "crime" in the cover that would fall underneath the umbrella as well. I'd love to start collecting these books as well, but I've gotta maintain focus.

Good luck with your "quest" and be sure to post books as you get them. thumbsup2.gif

Thank you I hope I'll be posting some actual purchases in August 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That is exactly how I did my "research," text searching on various words in GCDB, this is a fantastic resource. I also went to dealer sites that allowed searching by genre and looked at all the titles in their crime section. I am having a lot fun with this 27_laughing.gif

So, is anyone going to take this off Metro's hands? If not...well, you know what I'm getting at, right? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can't fit it into my budget. If I could, I would buy it. Go for it. crazy.gif