• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner

207 posts in this topic

I will be there. The dinners are always great. $75 seems very steep to me. I don't have $75 in the account right now, but I'll get it to you ASAP.

That $75 covers a steak as big as your head at a top steakhouse, vegetables, appetizers, tax, and tip. Trust me, its worth it. (thumbs u

Will seating just be a floating thing? How is the room set up Donut? Kinda like Baltimore last year?

Arex

I will be there. The dinners are always great. $75 seems very steep to me. I don't have $75 in the account right now, but I'll get it to you ASAP.

That $75 covers a steak as big as your head at a top steakhouse, vegetables, appetizers, tax, and tip. Trust me, its worth it. (thumbs u

Will seating just be a floating thing? How is the room set up Donut? Kinda like Baltimore last year?

Arex

Giant back room of Gibsons. Tables of 8s, probably (that's what we had the last couple of years). Large open bar area, also the patio for the smokers and the late night drinking crowd. Hopefully this year Gibsons will be hosting a wedding, so we (well, just Zen Master Borock) can ogle hot bridesmaids.

Truly a fine time will be had by all. If you're coming to Chicago, come to the dinner.

Dont you have money left over from Heroes lunch :baiting:

Na, I was broke. I figured if it came to it, I'd just try and barter some books to pay for it. :blush:

Arex

Giant back room of Gibsons. Tables of 8s, probably (that's what we had the last couple of years). Large open bar area, also the patio for the smokers and the late night drinking crowd. Hopefully this year Gibsons will be hosting a wedding, so we (well, just Zen Master Borock) can ogle hot bridesmaids.

Truly a fine time will be had by all. If you're coming to Chicago, come to the dinner.

Donut, is the price of the dinner (which ive already paid for) cover free drinks too? The open-bar is what I am refering to in your post

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I think he meant to say..

Large open "bar area" in the same room to buy our drinks from."

But on the upside.. water is free!

See you in a few weeks.

:hi:

Ze-

Sorry - I meant a large open space bar area. No comma needed there, but I can clearly understand the confusion. Cash bar only :foryou:

The bar bill last year was staggering. They showed me what our party had paid for booze last year. Much more than the food. MUCH more.

The bar bill last year was staggering. They showed me what our party had paid for booze last year. Much more than the food. MUCH more.

No wonder the want us back every year lol Wait till they see this year's bill (thumbs u

Angelo

No wonder the want us back every year lol Wait till they see this year's bill (thumbs u

Angelo

:headbang:

Sorry - I meant a large open space bar area. No comma needed there, but I can clearly understand the confusion. Cash bar only :foryou:

Wow!! and in a steak house too :insane:

CGC Forumites are famed for their ability to consume vast quantities of alcohol. As you will soon find out....

:banana: (thumbs u

CGC Forumites are famed for their ability to consume vast quantities of alcohol. As you will soon find out....

Cant wait!!!

Enjoy your Birthday Rhino :banana:

Update 7/26

The Details:

What:

CGC Forum Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 11th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Rosemont Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Attendees

thedude

The Watcher

143ksk

ciorac

Nik

Moondog

MrBedrock

MutantKeys

Ze-Man

Rhino

Arexcrooke

Griz

GreatEscape

CentaurMan

Mr. Schomburg

detective27kid

BillyParker

Scrooge

FourthWorld

Mrs. Rhino

Razor

Just spoke with our contact at Gibsons, menus next week. If you are coming, please Paypal me at dcusimano@usa.net $75 ASAP, as the event is getting close! Several of you have indicated you're coming, the above list is the paid attendees list.

and for those of you not on the list - you know you're coming, so sign up now!

Cant wait!!!

Enjoy your Birthday Rhino :banana:

(thumbs u

Everybody should be back from San Diego now and looking forward to Chicago. I need to make menu/reservations with Gibsons by Friday, so I need to know a count ASAP. If you've said you're coming, pay up so I can include you in the count.