• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner

207 posts in this topic

Friday afternoon might be too late....it all depends on how many have already paid up. I think the room holds around 50-60 max......I'll find out more on Thursday....check your PM's in a minute....

Ah, screw it ... throw this curmudgeon's name on the list, as well. (thumbs u

But yer not gettin' my money until the show. :boo:

And tell Borock he owes me a drink for last year. :banana:

I will buy you 2 drinks! :banana:

Glad you are coming!!!! :applause:

:golfclap:

I can see it now at the con report: "CGC president Steve Borock got so hammered at a local dinner Saturday night that they had to fly him home to Sarasota early. Unfortunately all onsite grading has been delayed." a slightly green looking CGC employee was quoted as saying.

Ahhh... this is Harley's game -- okay. I have to come by and look at a book any way at your booth Dale -- I have to just check with someone to make sure I'm not tied up... enjoyed the last time I played -- it was $80 buy in last time -- should wratchet up to like $100 or so with rebuys until a certain cut off...

I won my firm's tournament recently and made a killing (like over $3k) because there were so many rebuys. I was only going to buy in once -- and got very lucky at the end... but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th prizes were very nice -- and it really pumps up the pot a bit... we had just under 50 people... just a thought whether I can play or not... but I'm hoping to.

If anyone's interested, on Thursday night there will likely be a group of hungry and thirsty people heading to the Ram which is about a mile away from the Convention Center. Went last year and it was a good time. The Ram is your basic brewpub restaurant: the beer is cold, comes in LARGE glasses, oh and the food's good too!

We'll probably gather close to Preview Night Closing around Donut or Brad's (Klozd) booth and carpool over.

:banana:party0005.gif

If you are coming to the Forum Dinner in Chicago, I need to know ASAP. I will be manning the Toon Tumblers booth tomorrow and Friday (booth 1725). Come by and see me if you can't put your name on the thread.

If you are coming to the Forum Dinner in Chicago, I need to know ASAP. I will be manning the Toon Tumblers booth tomorrow and Friday (booth 1725). Come by and see me if you can't put your name on the thread.

My friend Mary Ann will be joining me for dinner.

If anyone's interested, on Thursday night there will likely be a group of hungry and thirsty people heading to the Ram which is about a mile away from the Convention Center. Went last year and it was a good time. The Ram is your basic brewpub restaurant: the beer is cold, comes in LARGE glasses, oh and the food's good too!

We'll probably gather close to Preview Night Closing around Donut or Brad's (Klozd) booth and carpool over.

:banana:party0005.gif

Man, I'm gonna miss those burgers and beers. The 2nd best meal of the weekend last year.

The man's a saint. Thanks, Dan.