• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 39 JRSR Sig- thoughts?

9 posts in this topic

I've got a dealer who has a copy of Amazing Spider-Man 39 signed by John Romita Sr (raw) in probably VG+, VG/FN condition for sale around $90. Now, Silver Age ASMs are the primary focus of my collection right now, and this particular issue is definitely on my list. Add in the Romita signature, and there's some definite appeal (though no COA).

I'm just curious what the rest of you think- buy it now, or hold off?

Heh heh, yeah, I'd agree. What's cool is that on this particular issue, he signed it with one of those silver pens, so it really stands out nicely. I might seriously beg this dealer to put it on layaway or something. I might not have the funds readily available right now, but I might soon enough.

You should find yourself a decent unsigned copy of ASM 39 & submit it to be signed the next time Romita Sr. makes an appearance. There are a ton of Sig Series witnesses on the boards that could help you out. thumbsup2.gif

For me I am never one that likes to see a cover get scribbled on so if I had a choice I'd prefer if he signed an interior page, like this beauty. cloud9.gif

YM24ss.jpg

]

Now thats an awesome sig cloud9.gif