• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever blow your monthly comic budget before the next month even rolls around?

10 posts in this topic

I swore to God I'd never own another credit card after getting my last one paid off...now I have two!

And damn! Every comic on my want list I come across just begs me to swipe the card!!!!!!!!

Help, Dave Ramsey!!!!!!

Anybody else have similar experiences?

Hell yeah...you just gotta go on a sales rampage!

(I lost all the subbys btw... closed at an odd time for me)

Just "try" to maintain a "sales" to "new purchase" equlibrium.

I have never paid my CC's a penny of juice... that's the motivation to sell before I have to pay the piper. It bothers me to even think of handing over interest because then whatever I bought just became more expensive.

Consider staggering your creidt cards so you have cycles starting at different points in the month. That way you can maximize the amount of time you have before the loan shark wants his money. You can call them and find out the exact schedule so you can exploit it to the max. Each month the day the cycle ends can vary by several days.

Discover card however stays constant... the 19th.

Also... get a Discover Card and a Citibank 1% cash-back card. That way you'll earn 1% back on all your purchases, I know Paypal has something similar, but I stay away from it because I'm skeptical of what could happen in a chargeback scenario.

I swore to God I'd never own another credit card after getting my last one paid off...now I have two!

And damn! Every comic on my want list I come across just begs me to swipe the card!!!!!!!!

Help, Dave Ramsey!!!!!!

Anybody else have similar experiences?

Huh? You actually have a budget? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm afraid to establish a budget 'cause I know I'd blow past it in the first 4 days of the month smile.gif Though I can state with some confidence that in 1978, I think it was June, I did in fact spend less than my entire allowance on funnybooks...!

Blew two month's budget on an Action #22 CGC 4.0. Then blew the next two month's budget on a Daredevil Comics #18 CGC 7.5. My next comic book purchase will be around Christmas, if I try to stick to my budget. Which I won't. Looking for work - any work. Will work for comics!! grin.gif