• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam Hughes art day!

16 posts in this topic

Normally, I'd just put this in the "This week in my collection" thread - but this is more of a "This YEAR in my collection kind of post.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be able to say I own my first, and probably only, finished Adam Hughes original. I've got a couple of sketches and a couple of prelims – but nothing compares to the detail you'll find in one of Adam's finished pieces.

You may have seen the Free Comic Book Day poster Adam did for a comic shop. Well, you can see the pen and ink art (as well as the finished poster) here:

http://cafurl.com?i=4407

A big thanks to Allison and Mr. Hugs for letting me have the chance to hang this on my wall!

-MikeRice cloud9.gif

WOW!!!!!!!!! hail.gif

I want one. sumo.gif

I left a comment on your CAF, but it was so nice, I had to tell you twice. Truly a stunning piece.

Congratulations on a fine acquisition.

Despite your disclaimers, I hope for you that it is the first of many!

Best

- A

Yeah - this is the big mystery. I wasn't allowed to show it off until after Free Comic Book Day as the shop wanted to "unveil" the finished poster before the art was released on the internets.

And then I was just waiting for it to ship - so I figured I'd just hold off until I had it in hand.

I just ordered the frame for it yesterday – should have it up on the wall in about a week!

Good news. Bad news.

Good news. I got the piece framed. Here's a picture of it up on the wall in my office!

http://cafurl.com?i=4514

Bad news. About an hour after putting it up, the frame (and one other I bought at the same time) broke and fell off the wall. The frames are trashed. The glass is broken. But the art is untouched. (THANK GOD.)

I'm laying the smack down at the frame shop in the morning.

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifsumo.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Good news. Bad news.

Good news. I got the piece framed. Here's a picture of it up on the wall in my office!

http://cafurl.com?i=4514

Bad news. About an hour after putting it up, the frame (and one other I bought at the same time) broke and fell off the wall. The frames are trashed. The glass is broken. But the art is untouched. (THANK GOD.)

I'm laying the smack down at the frame shop in the morning.

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifsumo.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

oh god... i would've had a heart attack 893whatthe.gif

Good that the art did not get damaged. Please keep us posted on the smack down at the frame shop!

tonofbricks.gif

Went in the next day and they immediately started apologizing. I saved my anger for almost a full 24 hours - and I didn't even get to yell at anyone. 27_laughing.gif

They are reframing all of my pieces (two broke, two didn't) with high-end custom frames at no cost.

Hopefully these stay up on the wall this time! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif