• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever buy something that cost seller more to ship it than the final auction price

11 posts in this topic

I bought some prelim artwork that cost me $13 total . (Auction and shipping)

When I got it it turns out it cost the seller $16 to ship it!

Ever happen to you?

I think what Ares is saying is that he paid $13 total for the item.......and that this included the shipping charge.

Then, the seller spent $16 just to ship it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a confusing topic but I believe you are correct........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What can you do? Not the seller's fault. Even when free samples are offered by companies on a trial basis, the product is technically "free". The $5.99 or whatever is for postage and handling, and most of the time, you look at the metered label and it cost $4.00 plus in postage!!

Look what it costs to send a comic to England, airmail / delivery confirmed even without declaring insured value! If the book was only a $20 item, it could run as much as 65% of the win price just to post it!!!

What can you do? Not the seller's fault. Even when free samples are offered by companies on a trial basis, the product is technically "free". The $5.99 or whatever is for postage and handling, and most of the time, you look at the metered label and it cost $4.00 plus in postage!!

Look what it costs to send a comic to England, airmail / delivery confirmed even without declaring insured value! If the book was only a $20 item, it could run as much as 65% of the win price just to post it!!!

This is a confusing topic & I think you misunderstand. Ares paid $13 for the item with shipping. It cost the seller $16 to ship it. The seller LOST $3. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i ordered 10 copies of a comic,XMen 176 at a 50% discount but by the time they arrived it cost me around $8.00 for books I could sell at 60 cents.I've usually had the opposite experiance like the time a seller charged $17.00 to ship six combined auctions that cost him about six dollars.

Maybe he was just happy to get it out of underfoot so he didn't mind a few dollars loss.

Sometimes that junk piles up...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif