• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TPB Recommendations?

44 posts in this topic

This is what I picked up today...

DC New Frontiers

Planetary: All Over The World and Other Stories

100 Bullets: First Shot, Last Call

DMZ: On The Ground

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1 and 2

I'm also taking my Watchmen GN to read again and give away...

Thanks for all the suggestions... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Anything written by Brubaker or Kirkman is worth picking up. You really can't go wrong with these two.

Cap America

Daredevil

Sleeper

Walking Dead

Invincible

Brit

etc.....

Oh and The Goon. Everyone should be required by law to own these.

This is what I picked up today...

...100 Bullets: First Shot, Last Call

DMZ: On The Ground....

These two are #1 and #3 in my top three. Walking Dead is #2.

Another top 10 for me is Fell and the HC collecting the first eight issues came out this week (I got a copy). I think that a TPB version also came out if you're interested.

Not sure if this title has been mentioned, but Fables from the Vertigo line is awesome - TPBs 1-7 are out now.

I also always recommend Ultimates Vol 1 and 2 for the superhero fan, and for the fantasy fan go with the Dark Horse Conan series thumbsup2.gif

bumpit.gif

I finally got around to buying the first Jonah Hex trade (based on all the good things everyone here says about it). Nice job, guys! I really enjoyed it. Will be picking up the next one at Heroes Con (hopefully at discount 893crossfingers-thumb.gif).

Reminded me of the old Eastwood westerns. Add it to my list of recommendations. thumbsup2.gif

For something that is really off the beaten path, I suggest the Arsenic Lullaby/Laughter Of The Damned TPBs. If you have a morose sense of humor, this series is for you. The humor is just so wrong, but hilarious. Another one is Deep Fried. Very funny, in my opinion.

Angelo

For something that is really off the beaten path, I suggest the Arsenic Lullaby/Laughter Of The Damned TPBs. If you have a morose sense of humor, this series is for you. The humor is just so wrong, but hilarious. Another one is Deep Fried. Very funny, in my opinion.

Angelo

I've never heard of any of these. Who are the publishers? What's the genre? Is it wrong and hilarious like Satans @#$(! Baby is?

Angelo

I've never heard of any of these. Who are the publishers? What's the genre? Is it wrong and hilarious like Satans @#$(! Baby is?

Yeah, exactly. And in some cases even more so. Deep Fried is published by Death Ray Graphics. The creator, Jason Yungbluth, has a website where you can an idea of what Deep Fried is all about http://www.whatisdeepfried.com Arsenic Lullaby & Laughter Of The Damned have had a couple of different publishers: AAA Milwaukee and now Arsenic Lullaby Publishing. If you like Satan's Sodomy Baby, you'll probably like these two titles.

Angelo

Angelo

Yeah, exactly. And in some cases even more so. Deep Fried is published by Death Ray Graphics. The creator, Jason Yungbluth, has a website where you can an idea of what Deep Fried is all about http://www.whatisdeepfried.com Arsenic Lullaby & Laughter Of The Damned have had a couple of different publishers: AAA Milwaukee and now Arsenic Lullaby Publishing. If you like Satan's Sodomy Baby, you'll probably like these two titles.

Angelo

I'll put them on my list for Heroes. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Angelo

Angelo

Douglas Paszkiewicz is absolutely HILARIOUS. BUY everything he works on! ! ! He also has a comic called "The Thousand Deaths Of Baron Von Donut" and has had work published in MAD magazine. hail.gifhail.gif I can't reccomend him highly enough.

I've got a couple of his pages in my CAF gossip.gif

Mike

My absolute Favorite page by Doug P.

1337975-arsenic_lullaby-whales.jpg

Angelo

Angelo

Douglas Paszkiewicz is absolutely HILARIOUS. BUY everything he works on! ! ! He also has a comic called "The Thousand Deaths Of Baron Von Donut" and has had work published in MAD magazine. hail.gifhail.gif I can't reccomend him highly enough.

I've got a couple of his pages in my CAF gossip.gif

Mike

Really! I would love to get some OA from Arsenic/Laughter/Baron. Where/How did you come across it? I picked up some OA from Deep Fried at WW Chicago last year. Good stuff and cheap, too.

Angelo

thumbsup2.gif I think you'll enjoy it. I gave klozd24seven a copy the other day. Trying to spread the word. Let me know what you think once you read it.

Angelo

I read the Clarissa preview he had up on the site. Man, that is some twisted *spoon*!!!! 893whatthe.gif I laughed, but it made me feel dirty afterward.

thumbsup2.gif I think you'll enjoy it. I gave klozd24seven a copy the other day. Trying to spread the word. Let me know what you think once you read it.

Angelo

I read the Clarissa preview he had up on the site. Man, that is some twisted *spoon*!!!! 893whatthe.gif I laughed, but it made me feel dirty afterward.

I did, too, and yeah it's twisted. She's an ongoing character, so I knew the background before I started reading. But it's still so not right, in a funny kind of way.

Angelo