• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #94 CGC 9.6 on Ebay Cont......

20 posts in this topic

i mean the seller doesnt usually sell anything ,, and the feedback thats still available for him is $1. items ... anyone know if this could be a scam

He sold some Jim Lee item for $271 and has an old feedback left from original art dealer Albert Moy (who usually deals in higher-end stuff), so he does have some comic-related feedback.

Gene

Hey Bruce - good luck with the XM #94...I racked up $12K in original artwork and other purchases the past week, so I'm going to pass on the opportunity to add another $6K to that total. Good luck with it...seems like the market is a little slow these days...maybe you'll get lucky and nab it at a decent price? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gene

And the final total is...$6,988 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

If you've become numbed by all the large numbers whizzing around and are thinking, "so what?", think about it this way: that amount of cash buys 1 full pound of gold bullion and 15 pounds of silver bullion. All those Spanish conquistadors must be rolling over in their graves now... 893frustrated.gif

That price is pretty loopy, IMO...I think I'll content myself with a nice 9.4 copy for close to $5K less...or wait until after the crash to pick up a 9.6. grin.gif

Gene

Hey KeyMarvelComix

Do you realize you may have cost the winning bidder around $1450 with your illegal bidding !?!

Seller expressly requested no Bidders with less than 10 Feedbacks, but unfortunately you have Zero. Without your two bids, the winning bidder would have got the book for around $5549 as opposed to the $6988 he ended up paying !!!

Question - since the seller cancelled bids from 3 bidders with less than 10 Feedbacks in the final stages of this auction, will he also cancel KeyMarvelComix's bids and lose himself almost $1500 ???

r100comics.

Just to clarify, the seller was also running an X-Men Giant Size #1 CGC 9.6 auction alongside the X-Men #94 CGC 9.6 one, and cancelled bids from three bidders with less than 10 Feedbacks with just a few minutes left.

I am wondering what the chances are of him sticking to these same principles on the #94 auction and saving the winning bidder $1500 ?

What would everyone else do in this situation, either as the buyer or the seller ???

r100comics.

Just to clarify, the seller was also running an X-Men Giant Size #1 CGC 9.6 auction alongside the X-Men #94 CGC 9.6 one, and cancelled bids from three bidders with less than 10 Feedbacks with just a few minutes left.

I am wondering what the chances are of him sticking to these same principles on the #94 auction and saving the winning bidder $1500 ?

What would everyone else do in this situation, either as the buyer or the seller ???

r100comics.

It's tough to say or fault the seller, as he was sticking to his conditions by cancelling other bidders with less than 10 feedback. I think the winner may feel that he got screwed by a thrill/shill bidder and may give the seller a hard time. confused-smiley-013.gif

If this is the same person who brought this book as well as the Giant-Sized #1 to be graded same-day in Chicago, then it's legit. I was at the CGC booth helping them out when the person came to pick up the two books. The reason why I remembered (besides the obvious 9.6 grade on both) was because he was disappointed that they weren't 9.8's.