• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold SS?

8 posts in this topic

oK There's every chance I'm going to get lynched for even asking the question. But understand I'm one of those worthless people that's new to Golden Age.

Some of my favorite SA books are CGC Signature Series books. And I was kind of wondering how having a GA book signed was viewed. I think this may have been discussed at one point, but I was only casually reading the forums. And I don't remember what to search for because I'm fairly sure the discussion surrounded a particular creator.

Enlighten me?

Ok to get them signed, but if you can, get them to sign the inside of the comic (my only exception to this rule would be a Craig Fleissel cover signature).

It is of course harder to get signatures as many of the greats have passed away.

Here's the link to that thread.

IMO it's a great idea. It doesn't bother me if a book says "Larson" or "Okajima" on the cover, so why should it bother me if it says "Creig Flessel" or one of the very few remaining GA greats?

I've done it before. I usually do it with lower grade copies. I have a Detective Comics 71 SS CGC 2.5 signed by Jerry Robinson and I have a Captain America Comics 75 SS CGC 3.5 signed by Gene Colan coming in the next week or so.

oK There's every chance I'm going to get lynched for even asking the question.

In the GA Forum, we try to keep the quantity of lynchings within the bounds of good taste so post away. thumbsup2.gif