• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What hero characters (OA wise) do you collect...if any?

31 posts in this topic

I'm mainly going for first appearances of my favorite characters from favorite series. So far I've gone for first supporting character appearances in the big books and first main characters in small books.

Characters so far:

Hisako (Armor) and Ord from Astonishing X-Men

Shapesmith from Invincible

Main characters from Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi

I'm hoping to pick up a couple supporting character first appearances from Y- The Last Man, Walking Dead, and Planetary soon.

-Bob

I'm a really big DC nut, so I'm all over the place depending on what I'm into at any given time (and those 500 page showcase books haven't helped out...they just make me search out more stuff that I didn't even previously know about!). That said, the main thrust of my collecting is:

Flash (esp. Wieringo and Pelletier pages)

Gorilla Grodd (love that ape!)

Mary Marvel

Plastic Man (just getting started on that one!)

I try and get examples of all my favorite books/characters. Only thing I really focused on for a bit was 100 Bullets pages with Agent Graves on them, but I even expanded on that just trying to get pages that have all the characters.

My collecting is all over the place, but I have nice examples of many different characters:

Spider-Man

FF

Doom

Namor

Batman

Bizarro

Invincible

Elijah Snow / Jakita / Drummer (Planetary)

John Constantine

3 Geeks

Spider-Ham tongue.gif

Etc....

The Main characters I collect are:

Wolverine

Conan

Punisher

Badger

Would love to see your Badger piecesflowerred.gif

I love Goon and Nexus and will get art by their creators (Eric Powell and Steve Rude, respectively). There are other characters I like as well (e.g. Punisher), but don't feel the need to get multiple examples.

I like to collect what ever character I have fond memories of. That being said I love Fantastic Four art and related characters. Although I tend to stretch outside that range quite a bit and if I see a reasonable piece that I find interesting. I buy it.

The Main characters I collect are:

Wolverine

Conan

Punisher

Badger

Would love to see your Badger piecesflowerred.gif

I love Goon and Nexus and will get art by their creators (Eric Powell and Steve Rude, respectively). There are other characters I like as well (e.g. Punisher), but don't feel the need to get multiple examples.

Here is my CAF.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=11166

It is a work in progress... But I do have my Badger: Hexbreaker DPS up on there.

The other Badgers I have are just single pages. I'm lookig to someday own a cover or three, But the only one I have so far is Badger goes Berserk 2 by Paul Chadwick. Still waiting on it in the mail though.