• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please let this summer end....hurry up and pass labor day already

14 posts in this topic

Good Grief, I know summer time is generally a dip in sales but this summer had me not wanting to list much of anything. I figured most books went for about a 25% to 50% less than what they normally go in the Winter, if they sold at all with a starting bid of half price or less. Now I know Summer is always a downer for many comic book shops and sales of comics in general, but this summer tanked.... 893frustrated.gif

Even my French customers did not come out of the woodwork to buy my Jerry Lewis Comics like they always do...sigh!!! Anyone else notice a big dip in their sales and prices? Anyone get any super deals? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good Grief, I know summer time is generally a dip in sales but this summer had me not wanting to list much of anything. I figured most books went for about a 25% to 50% less than what they normally go in the Winter, if they sold at all with a starting bid of half price or less. Now I know Summer is always a downer for many comic book shops and sales of comics in general, but this summer tanked.... 893frustrated.gif

Even my French customers did not come out of the woodwork to buy my Jerry Lewis Comics like they always do...sigh!!! Anyone else notice a big dip in their sales and prices? Anyone get any super deals? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe you just have [!@#%^&^] for sale? confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Just cuz it is low grade does not mean it is 893censored-thumb.gif and I have always sold this kind of stuff blush.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Just cuz it is low grade does not mean it is 893censored-thumb.gif and I have always sold this kind of stuff blush.gif
Who mentioned anything about low grade? confused-smiley-013.gif

I listed some good stuff among the readers this summer thank you cool.gif.....but it generally sold for less than normal.... frown.gif

I listed some good stuff among the readers this summer thank you cool.gif.....but it generally sold for less than normal.... frown.gif
X-Men 6 VF-?

X-Men 6 VF-?

Good buy half of book at that grade and early X-Men. 893offtopic1.gif Any idea Herb what you bought from me two years ago...just out of curiosity. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Noticed the same thing, but at the other side of the table....got some very good deals on mid-grade Silver this Summer...can't wait till next Summer comes around smile.gif

But then again my regular dealers also put a lot less stuff up, so I think they saw it coming, most purchases I made where from individuals selling without a reserve...

As a general question, does anyone keep a list of dates when to/ not to list or buy on ebay?

I thought that auctions which end on national holidays should be good to pick up some bargains, but every savvy collector seems to be on then too. Just after Christmas seems to be a good time to buy though, as everyone has cleared out their bank account in the run up to it.

As a general question, does anyone keep a list of dates when to/ not to list or buy on ebay?

I thought that auctions which end on national holidays should be good to pick up some bargains, but every savvy collector seems to be on then too. Just after Christmas seems to be a good time to buy though, as everyone has cleared out their bank account in the run up to it.

let's see...

- US holidays (auctions ending July 4th are always pretty cheap)

- X-mas day (ok, I admit it is SAD to harvest eBay instead of partying with the family smile.gif )

- Convention season

- During major sporting events on national TV

- and of course during blackouts smile.gif

[snippage]

Anyone get any super deals? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I popped the BIN on a "VF/NM" Daredevil 158 and 168 as well as DD 1, vol 2 and the Miller/Romita mini-series for $75. I haven't seen the books yet but I figure I'll either get my money's worth or a great deal. From the scans, the 168 looked decent but I know the 158 has a small fold in the lower corner. The DD 1 looked to be in great shape.

Good buy half of book at that grade and early X-Men. 893offtopic1.gif Any idea Herb what you bought from me two years ago...just out of curiosity. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was buying quite a bit a couple years ago, so I have no idea. But I'd really like to figure it out. Because I kept most of my money order receipts (that's how I paid for them back then) I'm sure I could figure it out if you'd just PM me and let me know your real name, or if I made it payable to a comic store, PM me the name of your store. On most of the receipts I wrote what I paid for, so this is very doable.

Let's do it. grin.gif

What concerned me about the grade on the sell site of this comic was the grey (dirty) look in the back-ground of the sky. I thought this supposed to be white. Then I saw a CGC 9.2 with a grey sky and it made me feel a lot better. I do know these early X-Men were mostly selling for guide just a few months ago, so I'm pretty happy with the deal I got.

I was buying quite a bit a couple years ago, so I have no idea. But I'd really like to figure it out. Because I kept most of my money order receipts (that's how I paid for them back then) I'm sure I could figure it out if you'd just PM me and let me know your real name, or if I made it payable to a comic store, PM me the name of your store. On most of the receipts I wrote what I paid for, so this is very doable.

Let's do it. grin.gif

What concerned me about the grade on the sell site of this comic was the grey (dirty) look in the back-ground of the sky. I thought this supposed to be white. Then I saw a CGC 9.2 with a grey sky and it made me feel a lot better. I do know these early X-Men were mostly selling for guide just a few months ago, so I'm pretty happy with the deal I got.

I sold a X-Men #1 and 2 recently both well under guide for the grade...unfortunately for me frown.gif but good for the customer... smirk.gif