• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby Art! Let's see it...

71 posts in this topic

Guys, those are great pages. But I thought the title of this thread is "Let's see it" not "Let's link to it..." makepoint.gif

So get your UBB code goin' and post some images! yay.gif

I'd like to post an image but I don't know how from CAF. Dan

Guys, those are great pages. But I thought the title of this thread is "Let's see it" not "Let's link to it..." makepoint.gif

So get your UBB code goin' and post some images! yay.gif

I'd like to post an image but I don't know how from CAF. Dan

PM sent. Hope it helps!

Here's my only silver age Kirby piece. Hope to have more some day.

thor161pg.jpg

[To be read in hushed tones]. This is one of the best comic book pages I have seen in my life.

[stunned silence].

[still suffering from shock and awe]. Thanks for sharing.

893whatthe.gif DUDE! Thor vs Galactus all-out action page??? YOWZA! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifcloud9.gif

Thanks. Yeah, I'm really pleased to have it.

You've got some killer stuff. Love that FF sequence and the JiM splash, and I've admired the Fin Fang Foom page in your gallery since you first posted it. Great batch of Kirby!

Wasn't it you who mentioned the other day you'd like to put together examples from each of his silver age titles? I've often thought that would be cool also.

Yes, that was me, and I do hope to have a page from every book. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks for the kudos -- here's the mentioned Fin Fang Foom splash 2 from ST 89....

FFFSplash_3.jpg

And here's that Cap TOS page framed:

tos84framedbig.jpg

Here's my only silver age Kirby piece. Hope to have more some day.

thor161pg.jpg

[To be read in hushed tones]. This is one of the best comic book pages I have seen in my life.

I love it. Which issue number is this from?

893applaud-thumb.gif

[stunned silence].

[still suffering from shock and awe]. Thanks for sharing.

a consecutive run from FF 40: Uh, if anybody knows where the rest of the OA to this classic battle scene is, please let me know as i'd love to see it (and make an offer!!!):

ff40p16.jpg

ff40p23.jpg

XL_ff40_18.jpg

Holy cow! I had no idea you had this sequence! These pages are part of what I was mentioning in a thread in the General forum as one of my favorite sequence of panels ever! hail.gif

Now you just need the last page where Thing finally reaches Doom and crushes his armor. poke2.gif

a consecutive run from FF 40: Uh, if anybody knows where the rest of the OA to this classic battle scene is, please let me know as i'd love to see it (and make an offer!!!):

ff40p16.jpg

ff40p23.jpg

XL_ff40_18.jpg

Holy cow! I had no idea you had this sequence! These pages are part of what I was mentioning in a thread in the General forum as one of my favorite sequence of panels ever! hail.gif

Now you just need the last page where Thing finally reaches Doom and crushes his armor. poke2.gif

893censored-thumb.gif Yeah, yeah, rub it in Tim wink.gif .... Really, though thanks for the kudos! smile.gif I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to get the last 2 pages to this epic battle cloud9.gif -- clearly one of my all-time favorite comic scenes from childhood through to today.

And there are two previous pages as well, where Reed turns Ben Grim back into the Thing, and he goes after Doom.... cloud9.gif

Somebody help an art brother out!!! I'd very much like to know who has them... smile.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I put up a couple more pieces in my Kirby gallery on CAF. One is a very cool pencil piece. I would love to buy a few more great pencil pieces if anyone has any for sale!....

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=41410

Dan, I've always loved that Thor pencil. The Cap DPS absolutely amazing. cloud9.gif Aren't you tired of it yet? poke2.gifgrin.gif

Great stuff, Keep it coming! thumbsup2.gif

And there are two previous pages as well, where Reed turns Ben Grim back into the Thing, and he goes after Doom....

There is such sadness in Ben's acceptance of his fate to be the monster. Great pages, Rhino -- though that's not the first time I've said that.

And there are two previous pages as well, where Reed turns Ben Grim back into the Thing, and he goes after Doom....

There is such sadness in Ben's acceptance of his fate to be the monster. Great pages, Rhino -- though that's not the first time I've said that.

Thanks Adam! Yes, the scene where Ben says "Mebbe i don't wanna go back to being the Thing again" or something to that effect, and Reed says "Sorry old friend, but we don't have a choice, for better or worse, the Thing must live again!" and he zaps him with the booster ray and turns him back into the thing.

I'm away from my comics so I don't have it right in front of me but it was something to that effect. One of the great comic scenes of all time..... cloud9.gif

Dan, I've always loved that Thor pencil. The Cap DPS absolutely amazing. cloud9.gif Aren't you tired of it yet? poke2.gifgrin.gif

Great stuff, Keep it coming! thumbsup2.gif

Y'know it's funny, years and years ago, when I first started collecting all I wanted was this Cap DPS (actually, I would have been happy with any of them, but I really wanted this one). That was it; I could have stopped with just this and been happy.....

.... ahhh how time flies.

Very fortunate to be able to pick up the exact piece many years later. Of course by then the collection had mushroomed, but I still can't imagine ever parting with this Cap dps. It just sums up the King for me. I guess eventually it will have to go, but I'll squeeze every moment out of it til then.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif