• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The VCC chit-chat thread - Who's got the Goods?

383 posts in this topic

As long as no transaction was completed until after the opening does it matter?

So following this logic, people can PM a seller a few hours before the con opens, reserve a bunch of books and then buy them once 6 PM has rolled around ?

Then what's the point of opening hours...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Question for those reading... I got P/Ms on the same book with a takeit.gif but both were before the con opened. One 10 minutes and the other just a couple of minutes before 3pm (I'm in Oakland). Obviously I want to sell the book and in normal situations, it's first come, first serve but what's the group thought on early PMs? Thanks.

Tough one...

Rules are that there are no sales prior to the VCC opening, but then when is 6 PM EDT, 6 PM EDT ?

I went to the atomic clock website and sent my PM to Donut the second it reached 6 PM, but not everyone's that crazy crazy.gif

There's also an official board time (on the first page of the forum) but I'm guessing most people go by their PC clocks

I would set the limit at max 1 minute too early, some computer clocks may be a minute fast or slow.

The guy who PM'ed 10 minutes too early is a definite no-no 893naughty-thumb.gif, the two-minute guy is borderline confused-smiley-013.gif

6 PM EDT is when the message board says it is. At 550 the doors weren't open.

I wish some folks would reply quicker to let me know if I got the book or not.. because I'd like to base my other purchase choices on whether I got my first choices or not... frustrated.gif ( and believe me.. I know they have a lot to do... been there..done that... thumbsup2.gif )

Well...you could just spend it all with me. I'll respond really quickly... grin.gif

you sir.. will have many more books sold right away headbang.gif

That complete run of Marvel’s Master of Kung Fu that Weird is selling for about 1/3 guide looks like a killer deal, I would be all over it if I hadn't completed that series years ago.

One of the best Bronze Marvel series ever cloud9.gif

The guy who PM'ed 10 minutes too early is a definite no-no 893naughty-thumb.gif, the two-minute guy is borderline confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, if you're going to deal within the spirit of the proceedings. thumbsup2.gif

I thought the spirit was to recreate a show. I suppose that means Harley should have picked everyone clean before the doors open 27_laughing.gif But I don't think talking about books is a problem, is it?

Yeah, if you're going to deal within the spirit of the proceedings. thumbsup2.gif

I thought the spirit was to recreate a show. I suppose that means Harley should have picked everyone clean before the doors open 27_laughing.gif But I don't think talking about books is a problem, is it?

But...they didn't talk about the books.

They bought them.

Before the show opened.

Sure, the rules cannot be enforced, but if everyone doesn't play the same game by the rules, it's unfair to those who do.

So if this happens at a future VCC, the seller should say "PM me after doors open." That could work, I guess.

But for the guys that went early should the seller pick the one closest to opening time?

So if this happens at a future VCC, the seller should say "PM me after doors open." That could work, I guess.

But for the guys that went early should the seller pick the one closest to opening time?

Yeah, I think the 'shoot me a PM at 6.00' approach will work, and first one who does so, gets the book.

As for the second...tough call, because you don't want to lose the sale, but... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But...they didn't talk about the books.

They bought them.

Before the show opened.

Sure, the rules cannot be enforced, but if everyone doesn't play the same game by the rules, it's unfair to those who do.

If people don't act in the 'spirit' of the event there is no reason to even have the event. There was a book I wanted and I waited until 6pm, according to my laptop clock, before I sent the message. I don't know if anyone else wanted that book but if it had been 'reserved' I would have been more than a bit peeved and I probably wouldn't have even bothered with a VCC again (this is my first time buying from one and it has been great).