• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The VCC chit-chat thread - Who's got the Goods?

383 posts in this topic

Anyone have any trading card boxes of comic related stuff?

Maybe Hellraiser or Army of Darkness?

Willing to buy if price is right.

pm finecomics. i know he has a bunch of comic-related cards he's picked up, but dunno about the two you've mentioned

Where the F are my sweet bulk buyers from last time? Christo_pull_hair.gif

where's the good stuff???

That complete run of Marvel’s Master of Kung Fu that Weird is selling for about 1/3 guide looks like a killer deal, I would be all over it if I hadn't completed that series years ago.

One of the best Bronze Marvel series ever cloud9.gif

I agree. I don't have a spare $180, but I wish I did.

Trying to get refunds confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

you know you can't reply to a confused-smiley-013.gif with another confused-smiley-013.gif...

That's Graemlin 101 gossip.gif

Trying to get refunds confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

you know you can't reply to a confused-smiley-013.gif with another confused-smiley-013.gif...

That's Graemlin 101 gossip.gif

No one has asked for a refund in over a year. sumo.gif

Junk added! Last post in the thread.

Now with new improved bigger scans so you be certain just how junky everything is!!!

yay.gifyay.gif

Need cash for art.

I noticed very little orignal comic art in the VCC, is that very popular in hereon the boards? I have 30-40 pages of minor, but OLD stuff I considered posting, but I was too busy getting the Golden Age comics up to bother. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The guy who PM'ed 10 minutes too early is a definite no-no 893naughty-thumb.gif, the two-minute guy is borderline confused-smiley-013.gif
As long as no transaction was completed until after the opening does it matter?

Yeah, if you're going to deal within the spirit of the proceedings. thumbsup2.gif

I thought the spirit was to recreate a show. I suppose that means Harley should have picked everyone clean before the doors open 27_laughing.gif But I don't think talking about books is a problem, is it?

But...they didn't talk about the books.

They bought them.

Before the show opened.

Sure, the rules cannot be enforced, but if everyone doesn't play the same game by the rules, it's unfair to those who do.

If people don't act in the 'spirit' of the event there is no reason to even have the event. There was a book I wanted and I waited until 6pm, according to my laptop clock, before I sent the message. I don't know if anyone else wanted that book but if it had been 'reserved' I would have been more than a bit peeved and I probably wouldn't have even bothered with a VCC again (this is my first time buying from one and it has been great).

What I did for the early requestors was as follows:

1) I took their list but advised them that any of the early barrage of PMs would take precedant when the convention opened. Of the lists that I took, only one had others wanting them and the other people got the books.

2) Another poster asked me if he wanted my order prior to the start but I told him to wait. He then sent it to me 3 minutes prior to the board clock time so I told him to send me another one when it started. He did and he got it. It did helped that there was no conflict. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, this is fun now that it's started, my very first Con:) ...

I just told my husband we CANNOT go out to dinner...I need to do some serious shopping:)

Luckily for me, there seem 893applaud-thumb.gif to be some ball games on...;)hail.gif

for those interested I added some Transformer comics. I know I know, they aren't for everyone. Willing to haggle on them too if you buy in bulk.

I'm on the bottom of the second page.

Need cash for art.

I noticed very little orignal comic art in the VCC, is that very popular in hereon the boards? I have 30-40 pages of minor, but OLD stuff I considered posting, but I was too busy getting the Golden Age comics up to bother. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep -- PM a list of what you've got to me. I collect Kirby and Ditko, but lots of other stuff too. So if by OLD you mean Silver Age, I'd be very interested. In GA art too, but Silver Age moreso.

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

I've got a Mad #1, lowered the prices on my pre-hero, and have an FF 2, 3, and 5 confused-smiley-013.gif
Not enough freed up $$$ for the FF #3.

Time payments? poke2.gifgrin.gifdevil.gif

Trade? grin.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif Need cash for art.

Ooops, what I meant to say was, ahem, I need cash for...uh... grandma's kidney transplant!!! foreheadslap.gif

The guy who PM'ed 10 minutes too early is a definite no-no 893naughty-thumb.gif, the two-minute guy is borderline confused-smiley-013.gif
As long as no transaction was completed until after the opening does it matter?

Yeah, if you're going to deal within the spirit of the proceedings. thumbsup2.gif

I thought the spirit was to recreate a show. I suppose that means Harley should have picked everyone clean before the doors open 27_laughing.gif But I don't think talking about books is a problem, is it?

But...they didn't talk about the books.

They bought them.

Before the show opened.

Sure, the rules cannot be enforced, but if everyone doesn't play the same game by the rules, it's unfair to those who do.

If people don't act in the 'spirit' of the event there is no reason to even have the event. There was a book I wanted and I waited until 6pm, according to my laptop clock, before I sent the message. I don't know if anyone else wanted that book but if it had been 'reserved' I would have been more than a bit peeved and I probably wouldn't have even bothered with a VCC again (this is my first time buying from one and it has been great).

What I did for the early requestors was as follows:

1) I took their list but advised them that any of the early barrage of PMs would take precedant when the convention opened. Of the lists that I took, only one had others wanting them and the other people got the books.

2) Another poster asked me if he wanted my order prior to the start but I told him to wait. He then sent it to me 3 minutes prior to the board clock time so I told him to send me another one when it started. He did and he got it. It did helped that there was no conflict. confused-smiley-013.gif

I just sent them both the same PM saying that the takeit.gif came in too early so if they wanted the book, the first to PM me again gets it. I hope I don't lose out on the sale...