• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Repeat Kudos to our own Robert "BlazingBob" Storms for 2 recent private transactions. Bob remembered several verbally given requests, presented the books to me with quality scans... and was fair and easy to work with in the negotiation phase.

Thanks Bob smile.gifhi.gif

Kudos to redhook for his valuable advice on handling wedding expenses (and finances in general), the book on finances, and the FF issues! Thanks! Your advice is always welcome and much appreciated!

Kudos to Jimm94 who had his Modern Bonanza thread, selling hot issues for $2 each (less with all the discounts)!

I picked up gorgeous copies of Batman/Superman 1-9 (both variant copies of #1), Red Son 1-3, and Supreme Power 1-7 with the 1 being the Special edition.

Very courteous and prompt with the Private Messages.

Here is a small tip from a long time ebayer/shipper. No amount of scotch tape can hold together a thick stack of comics. For thick stacks I recommend a bag around them to minimize shifting within the "sandwich" Fortunately the newspaper buffered as it should and minimized any "drop" damage.

I also appreciate the insurance, tracking and priority mail; however, I''m a patient guy and really am in no rush to get books I buy when I'm dealing with forumites and ebayers I know. I would have been happy to go with media mail/bound printed matter rate, one boxed and secured safely with delivery confirmation. No need to insure, IMO when packed safely.

This deal however gets a big a+ thumbsup2.gif Thanks again!

Thanks for the tip and the kind words, Darth. Kudos to you for being such a great customer! Super smooth transaction.

Truth be told, I'm already missing my Superman/Batman books! I never got a chance to read them all, so I bought replacement issues of #4-9, including the variant #8 Turner sketch cover, yesterday from my LCS for cover price (less my usual discount). Unfortunately, they're not all quite as nice as the ones I sent you. Now, it's off to eBay in search of # 1-3 to build another complete set! insane.gif

Hope to do more business with you in the future!

-Jim

A round of Kudos (for some it's "yet another" round thumbsup2.gif) goes out to the following forum members for recent transactions:

greggy

'dogg

Donut

wormboy

shiverbones

nearmint

ImageMask

tkg2627

OldGuy

Zonker

Nikos (and make sure you use that one book in Grading Round 10 wink.gif)

chrom

dlee111

bonds

Apotheosis

shadroch

And I'm not sure if he posts here, but I ordered some...you guessed it....Hulks...from Doug Sulipa that came in real quick, and real nice! thumbsup2.gif

Mega Kudos to Greggy...out of the blue he tells me he is sending some Charlton monster books that we had talked about eons ago...he said it was as a thanks for helping him with a U.S. Only ebay shipper but I have a tendancy to think that it's just because he's a generous and all-around good guy... thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Kudos to Lighthouse for some sweet books and packing and shipping that was air tight and out of sight. Not to mention, I got them during the same year that I paid for them!

tongue.gif

Also, Kudos to Chrisco. It is not to often that I can trade drug related items for HG Cap books, but Chris made it happen. You Da Man!

893whatthe.gif