• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Big ups to Sterlingcomics and svndst1030 for purchases last month and to Comic Supply for for some Mylar combos off their site. I think I am forgetting someone though. sorry.gif

Kudos to ComicSupply for recent shipment from the forum auctions of some Archives, etc. Great packaging thumbsup2.gif

And a big thanks to jonjesper for some nice books from his recent BIN threads. Great guy to talk to via PM, incredibly easy to deal with and good packing. Thanks Jon thumbsup2.gif

Drew

Kudos to another nice set of BA books from our resident Guardian Angel of BINs, nikos61. Keep 'em coming buddy!

And kudos to r1970d. This is our first transaction, but well-packed and nicely graded books will have me coming back.

A while back BronzeBruce13 and I formally buried the hatchet, and as a gesture of good will, our resident Bronze Age CGC magnate offered to help me check off some of my BA "want list" at "bargain prices". Since the initial feud was pretty nonsensical to say the least (we collect many of the same books and share many "fave runs"), and I was a little more than curious at what kind of raw books Brucie had on tap, I agreed.

So I sent him over a list, and he stated that many of the Hero For Hire comics I needed were in the BronzeBruce13 Raw Vault, and in pretty snazzy condition. So I sent him over my address, ramped up my security forces, hired some illegal immigrants to open my mail, and waited. When the box arrived, I was very pleased at the contents, since not only did it contain the HFH comics we agreed on, but a few "surprises" as well.

But the biggest surprise was to come later, when I asked Bruce for an invoice total on the comics. His answer? "Fuggetaboutit!". Well actually, he kinda "made me an offer I couldn't refuse" and although I normally don't take anything gratis and inquired about a total again, Bruce's good-natured PMs, his winning personality, and the bloody Spider-man mask in my bed eventually won me over.

Suffice it to say I was blown away by the generosity, and for possibly the first time in years, I took the gesture in the manner it was intended. I also "filtered down" some of the upgraded books to other collectors, but that was nothing compared to this.

So without further ado, here are a few of the Hero for Hire books that the Godfather of Bronze Age Soul sent my way:

bruce_03.jpg

bruce_04.jpg

bruce_06.jpg

bruce_05.jpg

Along with a few "surprises" like this:

bruce_01.jpg

bruce_07.jpg

bruce_08.jpg

bruce_02.jpg

P.S. That's not ALL of them either. foreheadslap.gif

A while back BronzeBruce13 and I formally buried the hatchet, and as a gesture of good will, our resident Bronze Age CGC magnate offered to help me check off some of my BA "want list" at "bargain prices".

893whatthe.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey BB, you are a big dummy! tongue.gif

Oh lets forget about it and "bury the hatchet".

Got some BA stuff at "bargain prices"? flowerred.gif

Oh and no bargains from "the safe" pedigree please. blush.gif

Kudos to wasonff for a super smooth transaction thumbsup2.gif

Right back at yah'

Easy transaction and even allowed local pickup so Canada Post didn't get a chance to demolish my book thumbsup2.gif