• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Big Kudos to Steve "albino" Rhino for a nice deal of some gorgeous hellboy, sin city and an amazing spidey... 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

best regards

Thanks back to Pedro for closing the deal. Sorry for the shipping snafu and glad it all arrived in sweet shape!

thumbsup2.gifheadbang.gif

Anyone who saw ckb (Chris Brown) at the recent Boston show (photo by DickPontoon)

CKB.jpg

probably wondered about the sheet-itting grin on his face. Here's the explanation.

What started as him selling me a single book, The Great Society Comic Book 1, turned into a 45 lb box! Mostly the foetid backwater of comic collecting, low to mid grade Dell comics, plus a short stack of nicer books for my "chemistry in comic books" fetish. I ended up with about 90 Four Colors toward my reader run and about 50 more FC duplicates (some condition upgrades). I'll be indexing obscure Dell books at GCD for the next year!

So Chris was happy to get rid of a whole of box of books that he'd never be able to move, and I was happy to get them at a very attractive price -- he even covered the substantial (even at Media Rate) postage!

The book that started it all? A gorgeous copy of The Great Society Comic Book 1, featuring SuperLBJ losing his powers to a chunk of his personal kryptonite, ALCUFE! The book has a very unusual textured cover that will probably be a bear to scan. Not quite a Holy Grail, but I've been after it for several years.

Anyone want to swap Four Color reader copies? I can provide a list of my spares and wants. Please PM because I don't check this forum very often -- too much temptation, not enough storage space!

Kudos -- a whole bunch of 'em -- to Chris Brown.

Jack

1707784-GreatSocietyF.jpg

1707784-GreatSocietyB.jpg

Big Kudos to Steve "albino" Rhino for a nice deal of some gorgeous hellboy, sin city and an amazing spidey... 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

best regards

Thanks back to Pedro for closing the deal. Sorry for the shipping snafu and glad it all arrived in sweet shape!

thumbsup2.gifheadbang.gif

thumbsup2.gifflowerred.gif

it's always a pleasure to deal with responsable/serious sellers...in all these years of deals! laugh.gif

regards

Not to sound like a broken record (how many in advance have said the same thing?)...

Thanks to Nick for some great high grade 70's Marvels. First Class!

headbang.gif

Kudo's to Artboy99 (Karl)

In a deal that almost stretched almost 1 year involving a lot of communications back & forth Karl & I finally closed the deal on a book that I have wanted for quite some time. cloud9.gif

I would like to thank Karl for his patience and time in working with me on a book that he could have sold elsewhere at almost any time.

Now I just need to have it re-holdered as the airmail journey from Canada to Australia caused a nice big crack in the case. Fortunately no damage to the book or inner well.

Thanks mate. thumbsup2.gif

Russ...

IronMan #1 CGC 9.2 Western Penn

1709398-Ironman%231%289.JPG

589a8b2580be7_1709398-Ironman1(9.JPG.015791ce4205add3e88bacb29b41d5e2.JPG

Kudo's to Artboy99 (Karl)

In a deal that almost stretched almost 1 year involving a lot of communications back & forth Karl & I finally closed the deal on a book that I have wanted for quite some time. cloud9.gif

I would like to thank Karl for his patience and time in working with me on a book that he could have sold elsewhere at almost any time.

Now I just need to have it re-holdered as the airmail journey from Canada to Australia caused a nice big crack in the case. Fortunately no damage to the book or inner well.

Thanks mate. thumbsup2.gif

Russ...

IronMan #1 CGC 9.2 Western Penn

1709398-Ironman%231%289.JPG

Grats indeed Russ,

I will greatly miss the book, I loved taking it out of the dark closet to drool over.

Kudos to you for being persistent!

Karl aka Artboy99