• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Johnny,

I am not a historian, but there appear to be an absolute spoon-load of these out there. I bought a lot of 50 online 4 years ago for $35. They were advertised as NM/M and they were. The part of the legend that may have merit is that they were never distributed at all. I have never seen any copies that have been handled at all. I bet if you create a thread asking the question, the folks in the know will let us in on the true story. Take care,

--Sean.

Johnny,

I am not a historian, but there appear to be an absolute spoon-load of these out there. I bought a lot of 50 online 4 years ago for $35. They were advertised as NM/M and they were. The part of the legend that may have merit is that they were never distributed at all. I have never seen any copies that have been handled at all. I bet if you create a thread asking the question, the folks in the know will let us in on the true story. Take care,

--Sean.

Thanks Sean!

I just got my 3 cases from Filter81... that's 900! So I was wondering about the actual numbers, as I know he had more to sell.

I was checking out the census on them; there are 4 9.9's. They go for an average of a couple of hundred. I don't knopw if I have any and I'm pretty sure I don't. I opened one box, the other 2 will remain sealed. They still have the original distributor's bands around the box. Who knows? Maybe in 20 years they'll be worth $20 a pop! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif If not, I still think it's kinda cool to have a couple of never before opened cases from 1969. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for the reply!

John thumbsup2.gif

And Kudos to the following for some sales this past weekend.

shiverbones

johnnyg

topofthetotem

greggy

alecholland

parlourguy

ernster

divad

lizards2

piper

punishthis

joecgcmaniac

Cheers to all!

Just joined a few weeks ago but have found the boards very helpful!

Thanks to Drummy for some sweet Signature Series Keys

Thanks to Pirate for super fast shipping on a Signature book at a great price

Thanks to Rhino for a really nice AAF 14 and some FF's

and Thanks to Followtheleader for some slabbed books

Randy