• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloody post office problems

10 posts in this topic

Warning: Boring story and Ranting ahead:

Ugh, I got a phone call today from Mark at Splash Page Art that a package he sent on May 21st was returned to him today. The post office tried to deliver it on May 23rd but since it was insured, needed a signature to leave the package. The mail carrier left a note and my wife went in to the post office the next day to pick up the package, only it wasn't there. The post office says they won't deliver the package again, so I go to the post office on the 25th to try to pick it up. Not there again. They look all over the post office and call the distribution center which can't find it either. I go back two more times and run over to the distribution center and they have no idea were the package could be. The head at the warehouse says he thinks it at the main post office and will go check himself and call me the next day. He never called back and work prevented me to go back to the post office until today. Yeah, they haven't seen the package. Then Mark calls tonight and tells me the package just got returned to him. He says they tried to deliver it to me on the 31st again - why didn't I receive a note then?? Anyway, Mark wanted another $15 to resend the art so I payed and am hoping the post office will refund me because I really don't think I did anything wrong here. This whole ordeal has really left a sour taste in my mouth and am really nervous that there's going to be another screwup on this shipment. Please 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for me.

Thanks for listening.

-Bob mad.gif

Sorry to hear about the problems, Bob. My local p.o. is fairly decent; but, then, my hometown is small enough that the post office employees know that they'll run into you on the street. Nobody wants those kind of hard feelings.

Another $15 sucks -- and I think the USPS is gonna want to see it come out of your pocket. The larger question is...will the artwork be worth it?

Makes me happy I use FedEx. Sorry to hear your tale of woe. I have never had good luck using USPS. My own personal nightmare was when I was in college back in the 1980's. I finally tracked down a rare EC comic that I was looking for for years. The postoffice "lost" the package only to have it show up 12 months later!!!!

I live in Brooklyn, New York with 4 million other people and have had pretty good luck with the Post Office. Granted, from time to time, I have to go pick up the package, but at least they are open on weekends (unlike UPS).

Also, to date, the one screw up with art delivery that I have had was by Fed Ex. They left the package without getting a signature, completely ignoring the seller's instructions. The art is gone. But I did get my money back.

Small consolation though.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Maybe if you can talk to the right person at the Post Office, then they will re-deliver/hold it for you without any additional charges.

Good luck!

I live in Brooklyn, New York with 4 million other people and have had pretty good luck with the Post Office.

hi.gif

It must depend where you live in Brooklyn!! But hey, at least I have a lot of space to keep putting new art up on the walls!! (Unlike some of my Manhattan friends who cram themselves rather neatly into a large shoebox.)

27_laughing.gif

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. To be fair, this is the first problem I've ever had with USPS and have usually had great service. The guys at the post office seemed more baffled by this than I even was and they searched the back room a bunch of times. The extra $15 isn't as bad as not having the art! It's about $400 worth of cool Invincible and Conan pages so I'm more frustrated at not having these bad boys to look at smile.gif

The PMP is an interesting idea and I could see it really saving some problems in the future. I'll have to check into that.

Thanks all! I'll let you know how things turn out in a couple of days 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

-Bob

I came home today to a nice sight for soar eyes - my art! I tore it open and was surprised to see an extra Conan page a part of the package. After contacting Mark, he said it was mistakenly placed in the package but he graciously let me keep the $35 piece. The Invincible pieces are much nicer than my expectations (which where high to begin with) so in the end, it all worked out fine. Huge props out to Mark at Splash Page Art for good communication during the ordeal and for letting me keep the extra piece.

yay.gif Bob