• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 306- Prowler as Prototype for Spawn?-)

12 posts in this topic

Okay, take a spin through Amazing Spider-Man 306-- the second part of the Prowler guest appearance. Spidey's talking to Prowler and there is a panel in the upper right corner where it definitely looks like we're seeing a prototype for Spawn in McFarlane's depiction of the Prowler-- similar mask, clawed hands, wild and sprawling cape.

Anyone else see the resemblance? It's just neat to see where a character develops, and it wouldn't surprise me if he took a little of this with him with the move to Image only a year and a half later.

But I don't recall McFarlane doing Cloak in any of his comics. If you really look at the way Todd does his sprawling cloaks gathering around the person wearing them, the clawed hands, carriage, etc, you can really see where he might have gotten some inspiration for Spawn.

Spider-Variant- I'm not sure if it was in there as I've just finished reading ASM 298-325 (still need to finish off 326-28, so maybe...). I wouldn't be surprised though if it was in one of the Mile High or other distributor ads though, so you could be right in that respect.

Didn't I see a picture of Spawn in a Marvel comic? In a Stan's Bullpen Bulliten page or some such. It was probably after ASM 306 though.

Maybe you're thinking of this guy:

1834439-5029_4_001.jpg

or some company crossover?

1834439-5029_4_001.jpg.a4671511d65fd4f2d1a9adb847b2ca6c.jpg