• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My brother passed away yesterday

133 posts in this topic

Hi All:

I got some very bad news Wedesday, that my only brother Mark who was 37 years old passed away in bed about 9:15 AM The cause of death is still unknown. They will perform an Autopsy on Friday. It is possible he had an Anurism (?on spelling) My brother and I always got along (once we growed up) He used to shoot me with the BB gun and throw large rocks at me when we were real young. We outgrew all of that.

When I got the news, I loaded up the dogs, grabbed my 12 year old out of school, and drove to northern Vt at The house that I own (My mom, Grandmother, and Mark live there.) The house was vacant for 7 years, so I let them live there so they could make ends meet. I dropped my wife off at the airport 4:00 AM Wedesday so she could drive her mom's motor home up from Florida. She's enroute now.

I had to get out of the house this morning, so I came to the library to let you all know what has happened. I just needed to gather my thoughts and try to make some sense of this. My mom is extremely shaken up. My brother has a girlfriend and she is in very bad shape as well. (As is my Grandmother) They were just getting ready to plan their life together. When I signed my daughter out of school, she saw me write family emergency for the reason. As we were leaving the attendance office she said "it's going to be bad isn't it" I then had to tell her that uncle Mark had passed away.

Mark has always suffered form severe migranes. The doctors could never seem to find the problem. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with his death or not. He was gone before he got to the hospital and I know that blood came out of his mouth and nose.

I'm going to remain in Vermont for a while. There is currently no computer at the house but, I'll try to check in from time to time. I am glad that I have you board members to release some emotion on.

Mike

Thanks all,

I am glad I got up to Vermont in April. It gave me a chance for Mark and I to hang out for a while. At least I know we parted on really good terms. I can't wait for my wife to get back from Florida. She's my soul mate and I really need her right now.

I am so glad I found these boards. I have very much enjoyed sharing the good times with you guys. On the more important side, it's nice to know that I can turn to you guys for support during the bad times. I will be sure to show this thread to my family. I know it will make my mom feel better seeing your support during this sad time.