• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My brother passed away yesterday

133 posts in this topic

my father passed away in his sleep in mid-April. and while it was something we knew would happen eventually (he was in his 80s), not having had the chance to say goodbye while he was still alive eats at me, particularly because I had not seen/spoken to him in 2 weeks and had been planning a come by and visit with my son that coming Friday. your brother was a relatively young man, something like this is so unexpected, it must be that much more difficult. my condolences.

My condolences.

Mike, this is terrible news I am not sure what to say.

Know that you have friends here who you can lean on if you need to. I can understand all too well the feelings you are going through right now having lost my father unexpectedly 1 1/2 years ago. It was a total shock and took awhile to really sink in.

The process of dealing with that tragedy was something I was not equipped to deal with when it happened, yet reality dictated I did what needed to be done to deal with the aftermath.

And like you, this place and the people in it helped me a great deal when I was going through that rough period. Mentally, professionally, and financially.

Be strong, and be there for your family as they need you more then ever right now.

We got your back if you need us.

Kenny

I really appreciate all of the kind words guys. After I check in on my family, I might take a long walk in the Green Mountains. Maybe I'll take my trout rod. I know spots that nobody else does. It will give me some time alone to think. I will check in tomorrow.

Mike