• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Canadian Editions

62 posts in this topic

I picked a Superman 53 Canadian edition (at the VCC) and besides stating that is Canadian what is the difference? I understand the Price variation due to pricing differences in the 80's but the cost was the same for the golden age.

presents better in person

s53.jpg

I picked a Superman 53 Canadian edition (at the VCC) and besides stating that is Canadian what is the difference? I understand the Price variation due to pricing differences in the 80's but the cost was the same for the golden age.

presents better in person

s53.jpg

i don't have enough experience in g.a. d.c.'s to tell you; on my side of the g.a. fence [timelys], the canadian versions sell for considerably less, even tho' in many cases they may actually be rarer. go figure.

Glad to see it arrived:)

Actually, when I bought it, I bought it on Ebay as the US version, didn't realize it was Canadian, I guess I opened it when I was busy and didn't see the Big CANADIAN on the top... till I put it up at the VCC ..someone really nice emailed me and my reaction was foreheadslap.gif

He suggested they went for about 1/2 the price of the US version, so I cut my price in half and then lowered it for you when you bought the other book,...but when I emailed another friend, and he said exactly what the last poster said, they are much rarer, but except for some rare Marvel Mystery Annuals, they generally go for much less...

I'm glad you thought it looks better in person, SO did I, lol...enjoy!

Its a nice book with excellent paper /page quality and I am very happy with it. I was hoping someone might be able to give a little more info of the differences production etc. Not worried about value as I plan on keeping it. I have a UK FF 5 that I was able to get cheaper and in higher grade than the U.S. ones. These variants are fun to own.

Oh I know, I have a whole row on my comic rack that I bought on purpose, lol...including a one with a double cover, I think it's Roy Rogers...I guess I was just trying explain how I priced that one...

I thought about listing them on Ebay years ago, but...I figure they are neat:) so I haven't rushed.

Even the Date is the same, 1948, that was the first thing I checked when I found out...but if I remember, yours has no ads? except the back cover.?

The Marvel Mystery b/w Annual from 1944 specifically states it was published in USA; perhaps distributed in Canada only like the Capt Amer b/w Annual from 1942 which was published in Canada, I believe.

Also, the back cover ad for several Cdn GA will say "Tops ...." hi.gif

I picked a Superman 53 Canadian edition (at the VCC) and besides stating that is Canadian what is the difference?

I'd guess the ads are different from the US version, but that's probably it.

Its says top in comics on the back, No ads, and after looking under a magnifying glass at Superman's Face his cheeks were printed that red. Inside It states printed in Canada.

Interesting topic. I have a Spirit #20 Canadian edition. The big difference is the woman is holding a gun in her left hand in the US version. In the CD version the gun is colored the same as the background. If you look closely you can still see the gun in the scan. It is very easy to see in person.

spirit20nk4.jpg

I came across this book and thought it was interesting. Canadian Red Ryder 89.

Inside front and back covers are blank, indica is on the back. No ads anywhere in the book.

rr89.jpg

That might fall out of my collecting parameters

The parachutist must be falling or it falls out?