• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Toronto Comicon Day One

24 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I love that Paradise have put so much work into getting this con going. Nice one boys!

I was able to sneak in today for an hour. And since I just bought a new house (not to mention, quite a few books since Christmas) I thought I'd do something interesting. I gave myself two limits:

1 hour.

$100 dollars. (and that included admission)

And in truth, I had a lot of fun. I got around to most of the tables that I knew were bound to have good war stuff. Here's how I did.

Superworld. Ah, Ted. What an awesome guy. Friendly as hell, and some nice books. Always love visiting this book. I bought a STUNNING Nm raw copy of Our Army at War #258 from him, for a measly $20. Also saw some other books that I may get later.

High Grade Comics. Always nice stuff here too. Bob had a stack of Our Army at War #270 there, 4 or 5 all out of DC mulitpacks. I picked a NM+. It was $35, but Bob made it $30. Nice!

Graham Crackers. I almost snagged a VF copy of Our Fighting Forces #123, but I really don't need two! So I settled for a NM+ copy of Sgt. Rock #313 for $8.

Big B comics. Almost bought a nice Weird War #6, until I saw a dog ear that knocked it out of grade. However, here is where I found the nicest gem of all. From the 'half off' bins, I pulled G.I. Combat #237, #261, and the final 2 issues, #287 and #288, in dead on NM+. I've been looking for them for years in that grade. And they were $4 a piece!!!! Think I paid an even $20 at their table.

And then my time was up!!

Great time, even if it was a short time.

Shep