• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Paradise Comic Con...Full report !!! Super Pic Heavy

65 posts in this topic

I've posted most of my Paradise Toronto Comicon 2007 art acquisitions in my Comic Art Fans Gallery:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=6193

My big purchase was winning this amazing four foot by three foot jam piece by the Royal Academy of Illustration and Design & Friends (Ramon Perez, Karl Kerschl, Cameron Stewart, Andy B., Scott Hepburn, Bryan McLachlan, Darwyn Cooke, J. Bone, Tom Fowler, Michael Cho, Rob Coughler):

paradise-jam-2007.jpg

Alas, I missed out on Dave Sim AGAIN.

With the RAID piece, they did it themselves at a table in the centre of their booth and then had a sheet set up for bidding. I didn't have time to run around and collect the sketches! No, they started it out with Ramon Perez doing Big Barda, then Cameron Stewart did the Modok, Karl Kerschl did the Spider-Man, Andy B. did the Ghost Rider and so on... each filling in a blank spot until most of it was covered with illustrations. Bidding ended at 5:00 on Sunday.

With the other pieces I tended to buy what was already done (like the Wagner Batman, the Sayger Hulk and the Grummett pages) or in some cases the artist did me something as a means of thanking Peter and I for some element of their stay (the Golden Batman, the Linsner Black Canary, the Caldwell Black Cat), and others Alex asked the artist for me when he was getting an autograph (the Wagner Spider-Man, the Jeanty Captain America).

Generally people would wait in line and then ask the artist if he is sketching. Some artists will sketch for free, while others start sketch commission lists and will ask for a certain dollar amount for that sketch.

I concur! Let's see this monstrosity Alex! I posted all of my sketches (link in your original thread) even though I took much *spoon* over one of them. heh

Someone ought to make a 'worst con sketch ever' picture thread. :P

Come on folks..

Alex is one of the good guys and if he does not want to show then he dont have to