• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Paradise Comic Con...Full report !!! Super Pic Heavy

65 posts in this topic

Brasseye: You have a couple of WM's eh? We'll be in touch smile.gif

King of Rulers: I love that #28, it sure is pretty. It's funny another dealer had the Big Apple copy of the same book for about 1/6 the price, I considered cornering the market on pedigrees of that issue but I realized it was the "dark tan" variant cover and passed smile.gif

Jim

Great report Jim! thumbsup2.gif Love seeing the pics as well.

And while I can't speak for the dealers at the show I can speak from a collector's standpoint. I really enjoyed the show. If you want a show that is all about comics then this is definitely one to attend. I know Peter, Kevin and Doug and the rest of their crew put a lot of effort into the show and they deserve a lot of credit.

A big thank you here to John of Cyclone Comics - I was the lucky winner of a free 3-day pass to the show and John was nice enough to come out and set me up with a pass when I arrived at the show.

Dropped off some books with CGC at the beginning of Friday and the guys were all great to deal with. Look forward to receiving them back in a few months.

I checked out the room to see who all was there. One definite improvement that I've seen with this show is the ever increasing presence of the US dealers - and the addition of several new Canadian dealers setting up at this show. This can only help collector's such as myself as there seems to be a lot more material (high grade 893applaud-thumb.gif) available.

Spent some time talking with Jamie of Graham Crackers Comics and can understand his frustration with the border issues he was having. Hopefully he reconsiders coming back again. I did manage to pick up these high grade copies at his booth - been looking for nice raw copies for a while.

th_ASM229.jpgth_ASM230.jpg

Checked out Ted's booth (Superworld) as well as S. Ritter. Picked up some nice raw NM/NM+ Zeck Captain America's. Really looking forward to the pedigree book that should be out later this year.

Next stop was the always well dispositioned Bob Storms. What an impressive display of books! Prior to the show I had emailed Bob to bring up some books that I was interested in purchasing. Great way to do things as I got to inspect some slabs prior to deciding to purchase - and we all know not all CGC 9.x's are made the same blush.gif Upon returning on Saturday after my low-ball offer 27_laughing.gif for a group purchase, I ended up with several books including the following two for my X-Men run:

XMen19CGC9.jpg

XMen32CGC9.jpg

I also had a chance to have a close look at the FF #28 that Jim ended up purchasing - what a great book cloud9.gif And a X-Men cross over to boot - what's not to like 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Spent the rest of Saturday checking out other booths and picking up some more books - that and sitting at Beyonders' booth taking breaks - thanks for the chair Chris thumbsup2.gif

All in all, a good show from my perspective for buying and look forward to the next one.

Drew

On Thursday one day before the show this arrived from our own Korvac Saga, this is important to my report because the minute I opened the box I had an epiphany and realized what long term goals I wanted to get out of this hobby and this book help narrowed my definition.

FamilyPics020.jpg

I realized that I wanted to define my collection in pedigrees, with an emphasis on White Mountain pre 1966 Marvels. (We'll get back to that later, if you have the time to read my ramblings)

Terrific report thumbsup2.gif

And a sweet book to kick off a pedigree collection, I've only got a few White

mountains, and the ones I've passed on, I've regretted.

All power to you for your new collecting goal! 893applaud-thumb.gifflowerred.gifthumbsup2.gif

Nice to see this book in a happy new home and surrounded by its fellow WM brethren thumbsup2.gif Great report Jim!!

FamilyPics003.jpg

Doug is blocking it in this shot...but I really wish I had the funds to purchase the OA to this cover.... cloud9.gif

Paradise was selling OA or was it some guy next to them?

It was Bechara's original art. Usually he sets up with Richie Mucchin but Richie was unable to attend, so Paradise made a corner table and rack space available to Bechara to sell at.

Thanks Kevin

Alex begrudgingly showed off his $175 sketch that to his dismay he probably overpaid $170 on but we all had a good laugh at his expense and the night was ended.

That's the second time I've read about this sketch and have yet to see a scan of it.

Is is posted anywhere on the forum?

Alex begrudgingly showed off his $175 sketch that to his dismay he probably overpaid $170 on but we all had a good laugh at his expense and the night was ended.

That's the second time I've read about this sketch and have yet to see a scan of it.

Nope, and you won't see it. hi.gif

Nope, and you won't see it. hi.gif

last ditch effort to keep the value afloat, a la KK?

poke2.gif

Probably a last ditch effort to save his pride and self esteem. (The sketch is that bad)

Jim

I say post it anyway. Everybody has a story similar to it. No shame in it. Make light of it instead. Who gives a f*spoon*k??? confused-smiley-013.gif

I concur! Let's see this monstrosity Alex! I posted all of my sketches (link in your original thread) even though I took much *spoon* over one of them. heh

Someone ought to make a 'worst con sketch ever' picture thread. :P