• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished Uncanny X-Men 144-200

98 posts in this topic

Just say you dont want to compete against me stooges.gif

Or me............ devil.gif

Beware, my X-Men buying habits will be returning soon.

Oh, great. Why did I just feel a tug on my wallet? Bronze X-Men were almost affordable again...

Or me............ devil.gif

Beware, my X-Men buying habits will be returning soon.

Oh, great. Why did I just feel a tug on my wallet? Bronze X-Men were almost affordable again...

Hehe. I am in the air conditioning business - summers can be good. The hotter it is the more I complete my X-Men collection. We definitely have a tight group here collecting X-Men, between you guys, myself, Scottieeye, whodhavethought, kc120us and pastimperfekt - God help those who want to want to start competing on buying CGC'd X-Men.

Hehe. I am in the air conditioning business - summers can be good. The hotter it is the more I complete my X-Men collection. We definitely have a tight group here collecting X-Men, between you guys, myself, Scottieeye, whodhavethought, kc120us and pastimperfekt - God help those who want to want to start competing on buying CGC'd X-Men.

Aint it the truth, brother. aint it the truth. thumbsup2.gif

Hello Worldsbestcomics:

Very nice collection! I have a question about your post.

In your initial post, what does it mean when it says "147 is a Winnepg [sic]" and later on you say "171 is a Winnipeg". I am new here but does that mean something particular?

Thanks!

Hello Worldsbestcomics:

In your initial post, what does it mean when it says "147 is a Winnepg [sic]" and later on you say "171 is a Winnipeg". I am new here but does that mean something particular?

Thanks!

Welcome aboard!!! Winnipeg means it's from the Winnipeg Pedigree... A fine collection of mid-late silver, bronze and copper age comics from Winnipeg's own Joe Krolik who runs Comics America on Academy these days!!

That reminds me. I'm also working on a run of Weapon-X Marvel Comics Presents 72-84. In fact, I'm competing against MutantKeys to see who can be the first to put together a 9.8 run from submissions. So, if anyone out there has some sweet raw books and wants to help me kick Danny's ayazz, send me a pm devil.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hello Worldsbestcomics:

Thanks!

Welcome aboard!!! Winnipeg means it's from the Winnipeg Pedigree... A fine collection of mid-late silver, bronze and copper age comics from Winnipeg's own Joe Krolik who runs Comics America on Academy these days!!

DWL, I would reach out to Dad& Son and Joe if you haven't already. They are great resources for comic collecting and nice guys to boot. Winnipeg is certainly well-represented in this hobby. thumbsup2.gif

CGC has given a limited number of collections "pedigree" status because of the completeness & quality of the books in the collecton and their pedigree is noted on the CGC label so collectors can be assured that the book is from that collection.

Aint it the truth, brother. aint it the truth. thumbsup2.gif

Agree

Hello Everyone:

Thank you for the welcomes. And thank you for explaining the "Winnipeg pedigree".

Yes, indeed, there appears to be a lot of Winnipeggers on this forum. For all of you not from Winnipeg, you should come visit. Winnipeg is a great community!

As you may have gathered by now, there are lots of friendly people and lots of interest in reading and collecting comics. I suspect the fact we have winter 6 - 7 months of the year may help foster the desire for indoor hobbies (ha, ha).

Thanks everyone!

Opps! I never meant to side track this thread.

Perhaps I should have mentioned my run of Uncanny X-Men from 126 - 215, all in fine + to near mint (hee, hee).