• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you predict will be "hot" in 15 years ????

663 posts in this topic

Boy our industry sure has seen alot of changes over the past 15 years!

Attitudes towards restored books, pressing, auction houses, eBay, the wide spread use of the internet for buying/selling/auctions, OA getting red hot, and the biggest change of all ( IMO) -- CGC!

Wonder what the comic world will be like in 2022......will Silver Age Marvel keys trump all? Will Golden Age keys prove that they are made of pure gold? Will there be a new area of collecting burst onto the scene, and change eveything we know now as "can't be beat"?

This thread is dedicated to your opnions, predictions and forecasts for the future....what will be "hot" 15 years from now, and why? popcorn.gif

All opnions are welcome! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Steve

The older it is, I think the harder it will be to come by. Hence, GA will probably keep rising steadily.

That being said, there could be a fear of the hobby dying out a bit without an influx of younger collectors. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel stamps is an example. It seemed like there were stores, etc. that sold stamps (and usually coins) back in the 70's when I was younger. But I don't see much of it today.

Attitudes towards restored books, pressing, auction houses, eBay, the wide spread use of the internet for buying/selling/auctions, OA getting red hot, and the biggest change of all ( IMO) -- CGC!

Wonder what the comic world will be like in 2022......will Silver Age Marvel keys trump all? Will Golden Age keys prove that they are made of pure gold? Will there be a new area of collecting burst onto the scene, and change eveything we know now as "can't be beat"?

This thread is dedicated to your opnions, predictions and forecasts for the future....what will be "hot" 15 years from now, and why? popcorn.gif

Steve

HG SA will trump all. While GA keys like Action 1, Detective 27, all but the mainstream heroes like Superman/Batman and possibly Wonder Woman and Captain America will basically become far less desirable.

It will be interesting to see how well price variants, low print run 90s drek (im serious), and original art do over the next fifteen years.

Also, you have to wonder what will happen with the comic grading business over the next fifteen years. I don't see it going away, but it will be interesting to see if there will be some significant competition arriving.

Also, will we still see a large number of comics become movies?

We'll also see some awesome collections come to light as well.

Steve

HG SA will trump all. While GA keys like Action 1, Detective 27, all but the mainstream heroes like Superman/Batman and possibly Wonder Woman and Captain America will basically become far less desirable.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I hope you are wrong about the GA Superman issues.