• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you predict will be "hot" in 15 years ????

663 posts in this topic

According to the Aztecs, we only have until 2012 to see what happens... gossip.gif

True

Well, according to the Mayan calendar, the end of the fifth great age, ends in late 2012.

Wonder what the comic world will be like in 2022.....

Will there be a new area of collecting burst onto the scene, and change eveything we know now as "can't be beat"?

I wonder about the future impact of digital comics. Instead of single issues will fans aquire complete title runs with a mouse-click? Instead of a room full of longboxes will they have a few thumbdrives in the nightstand? Cruise around with every Batman or Spider-man appearance ever produced inside a comic-size portable viewer?

I read somewhere that about 80% of all DC and Marvel backissues are already scanned, in official boxed sets or out in the blog/torrent-verse. Will a new generation that's been raised with digital-everything run with the cover-to-cover scan format, comfortable with it, or will it die out?

It's hard to have an opinion being 'old', but do I wonder what kids born today will think of paper 'floppies' when they're 15. Will they chase after hardcopies of entertainment they could locate and download in two minutes at a keyboard?

Time will tell.

According to the Aztecs, we only have until 2012 to see what happens... gossip.gif

True

Well, according to the Mayan calendar, the end of the fifth great age, ends in late 2012.

I think the date is 12/21/2012

AHA! I knew there was a "2112" in there somewhere! shy.gif

when i go to the LCS, i see teenagers (12-16) buying books, more than i have seen in the past. so there is hope future collectors

but if our hobby does crash, i will get every spooning book i have ever wanted!!!!!!!!

but don't listen to me i am a 32 year old man that reads funny books........

my bad, I meant mayans... I am not up on my end of the world theories like I should be.

If comics are still being collected, as I believe will be true, its going to be -

GA super keys are the property of museums, you can't touch them.

SA keys are the new gold, Spidey #1-50 are insanely expensive

BA is high, but only high grade

Copper is doing sick things for 9.8 copies, $400-$800 for sought after books, which shockingly will be DC's since they are so much harder (kinda like adams books now...)

Vertigo books will blow you away! $1k swamp thing #21's in 9.8, $800 Sandman #1's, Hellblazer #27, forget it, $1k in 9.8, the Girl Who Would be Death Mini, several hundred a piece, Animal Man #1 & Doom Patrrol #19 - $500 books

late 90's mainstreams will be the new sought after upstart

I do believe collecting will still exist until at least my generation is beyond it. We who were reading comics in the early 80's to late 80's, before the craziness of the 90's all seem to have extremely fond memories of the books, and digital versions just won't cut it.

all that barring huge financial crashes, famine, Flooding on a mass scale , nuclear or chemical war, or Mayan death