• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Came Back for This?

324 posts in this topic

So when does the next "Deathlok Banning Watch" take place?

I need to concentrate on work this week, so if he's back, then that's a good excuse.

Joe, don't tell me you are off the unemployment line already! That's great! Now make sure when you get your first check and after your bills are paid that you take care of that bet you welched on. Hate to see your rep get stained any more than it already is thumbsup2.gif

Would it be rude or open up old wounds to hear about this bet from the past. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well it's hard to say. Much of it is fabled legend of things from a simpler more pure time.

But here's C'mon J_C

which is kind of a followup of this beauty in Silver WAY MORE

The magic quotes from that sunny day on Monday September 6th 2004 by shadroch

I'll bet you $100 US that FF 48 sold for way more than $5-10 in NM

Then Joe_collector

Okay, I''ll take that bet AS PER OUR AGREED statement of "20 years ago". Yep, he sold all his Silver Age comics, 20 YEARS AGO, which for the math-challenged like Shad, would be approximately 1984.

Go drag out your 1984 OS and see how far off I am...

I'm not judging mind you, just seeking to help. thumbsup2.gif

Librarian Mica

Nice summary, Mica! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I like to point this out from a Shad post at that time:

"Just to clarfy a point. I told JC to give the money to DAM60s charity drive from the getgo,so he didn't screw me,he screwed a bunch of needy kids. A real class act."

sumo.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I need to concentrate on work this week, so if he's back, then that's a good excuse.

Joe, don't tell me you are off the unemployment line already! That's great! Now make sure when you get your first check and after your bills are paid that you take care of that bet you welched on. Hate to see your rep get stained any more than it already is thumbsup2.gif

Would it be rude or open up old wounds to hear about this bet from the past. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well it's hard to say. Much of it is fabled legend of things from a simpler more pure time.

But here's C'mon J_C

Then Joe_collector

Okay, I''ll take that bet AS PER OUR AGREED statement of "20 years ago". Yep, he sold all his Silver Age comics, 20 YEARS AGO, which for the math-challenged like Shad, would be approximately 1984.

Librarian Mica

Thanks Librarian Mica, hail.gif

That made for some interesting reading and seeing that 1985 price guide with early issues of Mint FF books guide for 200.00 is mind boggling. 893whatthe.gif

I don't really want to comment on the whole bet issue. sorry.gif

But here's C'mon J_C

Then Joe_collector

Librarian Mica

Nice summary, Mica! 893applaud-thumb.gif

"Just to clarfy a point. I told JC to give the money to DAM60s charity drive from the getgo,so he didn't screw me,he screwed a bunch of needy kids. A real class act."

sumo.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

sallystruthers.jpg

A festering turd quoting a festering turd. 27_laughing.gif

[

Go drag out your 1984 OS and see how far off I am... I'm not judging mind you, just seeking to help. thumbsup2.gif

Librarian Mica

Thanks Librarian Mica, hail.gif

That made for some interesting reading and seeing that 1985 price guide with early issues of Mint FF books guide for 200.00 is mind boggling. 893whatthe.gif

I don't really want to comment on the whole bet issue. sorry.gif

Ahhh, a walk down memory lane..............

i think the following quotes nicely summarize the entire two threads;

"When God properly defines "WAY MORE". Do you really think I'd take a bet where I'm stating an amount, and Shad gets the other million or so dollar amounts? Yeah, I'll take that one.

Shad: "I'll bet you $100 US that FF 48 sold for way more than $5-10 in NM"

What is WAY MORE? $10, $50, $100, $10,000? More? There is no answer, because it's not a finite amount. Plus, I don't think the $28 I have in the 1985 OS update qualifies as WAY MORE, unless you're on welfare.

And that's assuming that the dealer would pay 100% of Guide, which is what we were talking about anyway - highly doubtful...

So go back to your geek circle jerks.. "

NOTHING has changed - our resident Drama Queen has returned after yet another tear-jerking exit to begin another incendiary thread vilifying the bunch of losers that have dared to inhabit his space............... 893blahblah.gif

and I think that Flee Marquette's latest work showing JC at home in Mom's basement may be WAY MORE accurate than any of us might believe....... 27_laughing.gif

NOTHING has changed - our resident Drama Queen has returned after yet another tear-jerking exit to begin another incendiary thread vilifying the bunch of losers that have dared to inhabit his space............... 893blahblah.gif

and I think that Flee Marquette's latest work showing JC at home in Mom's basement may be WAY MORE accurate than any of us might believe....... 27_laughing.gif

Harry went OFF!

893whatthe.gif

oh20snap.jpg

If it is sad, then why do you ridicule him for it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, I don't say a word about his drunken tirades, UNTIL I become a target. Then it's fair game.

Kinda like an old drunk in a bar, I leave him alone, but if he takes a poke at me, then heaven help him.

I am not sure if you see it JC, but there is a difference between Harry's sharp commentary summing up your most recent FDQ return , and you lashing out at him with wild, low blow haymakers.

If anything was "sad" it was how you handled the roasting.

Want my unasked for advice??. No?.. well here it is anyways. Learn to laugh at yourself a little bit, or stop putting yourself out there in such a manner that begs for commentary.

And to answer the question you posed in this thread, YES I think this is exactly what you came back for.

The drama

Ze-

If it is sad, then why do you ridicule him for it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, I don't say a word about his drunken tirades, UNTIL I become a target. Then it's fair game.

Kinda like an old drunk in a bar, I leave him alone, but if he takes a poke at me, then heaven help him.

that message was sent before noon as i perused the boards with my morning coffee in hand. nothing in the message is alcohol fueled - just my clear-headed view of JC on the boards. JC sees me as a drunken old loser, whenever i deviate from my typicaly level-headed discourses dealing with comics............ confused.gif

he's probably somewhere between the ages of 15 and 40 (no one knows for sure, as no one seems to have ever laid eyes on him.), probably really does still live in Mommies basement, doesn't go to cons, doesn't often show his collection, frequently plays chicken-little with the coming of the Great Comic Crash (which he has been erroneously predicting for 3-4 years now), seems to be distraught over the fact that while he's been predicting doom and gloom for years, comic prices have continued to escalate leaving him in the dust, makes a Drama Queen exit about once a year only to return as ornery as ever and is a Welsher Supreme (see the threads quoted in this thread). I'm sure that i've left some salient facts out, but the image should be pretty clear.

the quotes from my last message were just that - Quotes from one of JC's 20,000 plus posts on this board (in numerous board names) that he seems to hate so much.

now if 20,000 plus posts on a board which he has always deemed filled with a bunch of pencil-necked geek losers isn't proof of his being a total hazzhole, i don't know what is........... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh, and happy Independence Day to all you Americans........ thumbsup2.gif

I am not sure if you see it JC, but there is a difference between Harry's sharp commentary summing up your most recent FDQ return , and you lashing out at him with wild, low blow haymakers.

Want my unasked for advice??. No?.. well here it is anyways. Learn to laugh at yourself a little bit, or stop putting yourself out there in such a manner that begs for commentary.

And to answer the question you posed in this thread, YES I think this is exactly what you came back for.

The drama

Ze-

Well said Kenny,

During my lurking stage JC, you used to scare me from joining and I see you as one of the funny guys on the boards and you make me laugh. (in a good way)

I was hoping your return would be accepted and I'm glad you're back but why can't you tone down your humor just a bit from personal attacks and just use that talented sense of humor without attacking other members even if sometimes you don't mean it that way.

I don't know the history and maybe you or they deserve it, but can't you guys put the past behind you and move on and just enjoy the boards like they're meant to be. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Either way, good luck to all of you in this old running battle and may it soon end. frown.gif

The drama

Ze-

Well said Kenny,

During my lurking stage JC, you used to scare me from joining and I see you as one of the funny guys on the boards and you make me laugh. (in a good way)

I was hoping your return would be accepted and I'm glad you're back but why can't you tone down your humor just a bit from personal attacks and just use that talented sense of humor without attacking other members even if sometimes you don't mean it that way.

I don't know the history and maybe you or they deserve it, but can't you guys put the past behind you and move on and just enjoy the boards like they're meant to be. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Either way, good luck to all of you in this old running battle and may it soon end. frown.gif

Fazy; you're right, of course, but after putting up with JC's S%@T for these past 3 years, occasionally one has to respond in kind. (I really don't know if he still lives in Mom's basement, but there are more than a few who suspect such). the rest of my most recent diatribe is factual and based on events on these boards over the past few years..................... flowerred.gif

I always find it highly amusing that I'm asked to "tone down the personal attacks" while drunken old fogies like burned-out-boy can continue to lay on the stupid "basement dwelling loser" personal attacks with no problem at all.

These forums really do make me want to hit a Con, and just say 893censored-thumb.gif it, and start crushing heads like watermelon.

Fazy; you're right, of course, but after putting up with JC's S%@T for these past 3 years, occasionally one has to respond in kind. (I really don't know if he still lives in Mom's basement, but there are more than a few who suspect such). the rest of my most recent diatribe is factual and based on events on these boards over the past few years..................... flowerred.gif

I've been on these boards now for almost 2 years and it took me about a month and a half to realize that JC just can't help being a complete *spoon*. That's just the way he is.

This recent (for me) revelation about his bet welching takes him down even more in my eyes. Not that he cares one way or another what I think.

I'm just hoping for a permanent FDQ exit. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif The few months earlier this year when he was away was a very enjoyable time for me on the boards.

I always find it highly amusing that I'm asked to "tone down the personal attacks" while drunken old fogies like burned-out-boy can continue to lay on the stupid "basement dwelling loser" personal attacks with no problem at all.

These forums really do make me want to hit a Con, and just say 893censored-thumb.gif it, and start crushing heads like watermelon.

893naughty-thumb.gif

But, if you insist, you can start with me!

This has to be your worst post ever.

You really do need to get a life.

The drama

Ze-

Well said Kenny,

You're right and like I said I don't know the history of it all and probably should have just not posted when I don't know all the facts. sorry.gif

He is a crazy sumaperson_without_enough_empathy and I just love to laugh and any member that can add to my fun, I can't help buy cheer him on a little. I hope you guys understand my viewpoint of an outsider looking in. confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

This has to be your worst post ever.

Of course it is, and burnt-out-boy is totally cool for his constant trolling and personal attacks right? He can just follow me around, acting like the drunken tool he is, attacking me with baseless and false accusations, impeaching my character and financial status, right?

Right?

If you had idiiots like this constantly trolling you, tossing out personal attacks at the drop of a hat, etc., you'd feel like squishing them like the little bugs they are too.