• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to OA

15 posts in this topic

I'm about to launch my OA collection soon as well. Collecting comics is wearing thin with me at the moment. I'm finding I would much rather read issues than collect them.

Also, the whole idea that OA is one of a kind entices me especially when you can snag a really sweet page.

I'm thinking I want to give it a try. There are a few moderns that I'm looking at, but... still on the edge smile.gif

Offhand, if you don't want to get into framing your pages, how do you go about storing your work?

I'm thinking I want to give it a try. There are a few moderns that I'm looking at, but... still on the edge smile.gif

Offhand, if you don't want to get into framing your pages, how do you go about storing your work?

They make OA mylars..with backing boards even. Also alot of people use art portfolios,you can pick them up at your local art store or AC Moore and Michael's. They come in differant sizes 11 X 17,14 X17 ect...

I use the mylar d 4 mil with heavy acid free backing boards here are a few sites you can get them from:

i have ordered from blueline- one time they were slow shipping it out, waited 3 months, I was not happy, 2nd time i ordered they sent me the wrong thickness for the backing board, but I just kept them, here is their site

http://www.bluelinepro.com/Merchant2/mer...gory_Code=006aq

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=597

never ordered from bags unlimited

I bought a 14x17 portfolio from Michael's last week and love it! I figured it would get too expensive to frame every piece, plus I'd eventually run out of wall space.

This is why I told my wife we needed a bigger house.... 27_laughing.gif