• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanta Comic Con June 24th

5 posts in this topic

It depends. Personally, I wouldn't drive further than 4 hours for this show. Unless you have the whole weekend, then make it part of a larger ATL getaway.

There are typically 20 dealers (I may be a little off on this number) with all kinds of stuff. I look forward to going every quarter when they happen and always find tons of stuff for my collection. The dealers are great and I've gone to enough now, that a couple recognize me and we shoot the breeze in-between commerce - which is to say that the show is full of great people getting together.

Besides comics, there are toys (hero, Star Wars, etc), statues, swords and knives, TPBs, lots of dollar boxes and recently I noticed memorabilia like movie posters signed by the cast. Its definitely fun, but I wouldn't break my neck to get there.

One last thing - is this the closest show to you? Then its probably worth it.

Thanks Camera! It's not the closest, there are a couple here in Nashville each year and I went to Adventurecon in Knoxville a few weeks ago, but having heard about this show a buddy and I were curious if it would be worth our time to check it out.

BTW, is that 20 comic dealers or 20 total dealers?

Thanks again for the info thumbsup2.gif