• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The owl card?

9 posts in this topic

Do anybody can tell me where can i get one of this cards?

Thanks! confused.gif

They were included in the first grading guide. But honestly, they are useless. The colors are MUCH too dark and have no real relevance to real page color.

Their problem was trying to go 4-color using yellow, Magenta, Cyan and Black inks with screens to recreate the colors. It failed badly. They should have gone with straight PMS colors. But that would have been more costly to print. (sorry for neg commnets n the OWL cards. But in my experience they just are not refelctive (semi-pun) of real paper.

The old OWL card is in any event out of synch with the current Grading Guide and the 10 point system, although we did feature OWL numbers for those who still wanted to equate some of the things in the book with the old card. And if you still want one, I think you can still order one from us at 1-888-375-9800 x249. We get requests for OWL cards all the time, even ten years after they came out.

Thanks for the information, Arnoldt.

I've been trying to find one for a while now.

I sent an email to Customer Service at Gemstone, but never got a response.

What's the price on an OWL card?

I've seen them posted online.

But the variation in scanner calibration and monitor gamma is far greater than printed reproduction.

I'd rather have a printed one.

Plus, you can't carry the computer to the comic shop with you.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Just look at that "off white" on the OWL card.

It simply is useless...I got one when I bought that grading guide ten years ago and found out that ALL my books have white pages...yeah sure.