• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange tidings...

16 posts in this topic

A friend is going through a divorce. Last night he showed up unnannounced about 9 p.m with a box. "Hold these for me," he says. "You have reading rights." We chat. He leaves. In the box:

Captain America 100

Giant Size X Men 1

Showcase 22

Green Lantern 40

Green Lantern 59

X Men 12

Comic Cavalcade 26

Plastic Man 1 (SA)

Plastic Man 59 (GA)

Avengers 59 (or 60? First Vision)

etc.

Most of the books are between VG and F/VF. I never expected anyone to dump about $1000 or so in books on me like that. They're now safe (and hidden) in my closet.

That's ALL he has to hide from his ex-wife's lawyers?? Why even bother? Where's the AF15 for god's sake...the B&B28...the FF1?? (or some decent golden age even). Offense intended, but no wonder she's dumping this cheap loser!

That's ALL he has to hide from his ex-wife's lawyers?? Why even bother? Where's the AF15 for god's sake...the B&B28...the FF1?? (or some decent golden age even). Offense intended, but no wonder she's dumping this cheap loser!

lol, I was thinking the same thing. If I were looking to slide some assets past the lawyer, the last thing I would be hiding would be a box of lower-grade books.

This whole accomplice bit reminded me of that pearl of a human being, Chuckie, and how he hid some drugs under the seat of his "friend's" car and then risked a jail sentence for both when the cop pulled them over.

What a saint....

This whole accomplice bit reminded me of that pearl of a human being, Chuckie, and how he hid some drugs under the seat of his "friend's" car and then risked a jail sentence for both when the cop pulled them over.

27_laughing.gif Classic Chuck! He is a swell guy. I look forward to his column every week. It's almost a given that each week will have at least one incident of Chuck getting one over on somebody. I believe he calls it "wheeling and dealing".

Chris

It's like Smokey and the 'Chuckster.'

I can just here Jerry Reed singing the tune...

"Eastbound and down load those comics and truckin'

We gonna do what they say can't be done

We's got a long way to go and a short time to get there..'

We're eastbound, now watch ole Chuckster run!"

It's like Smokey and the 'Chuckster.'

I can just here Jerry Reed singing the tune...

"Eastbound and down load those comics and truckin'

We gonna do what they say can't be done

We's got a long way to go and a short time to get there..'

We're eastbound, now watch ole Chuckster run!"

That is just beautiful... classic stuff, Kev...!

Guys, guys... you're missing the "bait and switch" element here... SeanK is the 'decoy'...at some point, Sean's friend appears to cave, gives SeanK's name/address to the divorce lawyers, they descend like vultures and find only a couple grand worth the of books... meanwhile, secreted in a safety-deposit box in a small midwestern town which shall remain nameless (and K-martless), the real gold lurks, waiting for the dust to settle and the papers to be finalized.

893whatthe.gifWow, I think I missed that one! Was this from a CBG column or where? confused.gif

893whatthe.gifWow, I think I missed that one! Was this from a CBG column or where? confused.gif

It's a real sordid tale of comics, drugs and Chuckie almost rollin':

http://www.milehighcomics.com/tales/cbg90.html