• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you not collect??

62 posts in this topic

While I am not surprised most stay away from duck books, the aversion to duck comics is really surprising. Have you guys tried duck comics and know you don't like them or is it just based on prejudices and pre-conceptions towards that particular genre?

27_laughing.gifgossip.gif but then again we don't want them to buy Duck books until we're done ...

1 Poopie GA books with extremely poopie art.

2 Poopie SA DC's with extremely poopie art.

3 Poopie Independants with well 893scratchchin-thumb.gif they are just poopie anyways.

1 Poopie GA books with extremely poopie art.

2 Poopie SA DC's with extremely poopie art.

3 Poopie Independants with well 893scratchchin-thumb.gif they are just poopie anyways.

Does this mean you've come around to Poopie GA books as long as they don't have extremely poopie art?

Funny Animal

Underground

Indy

Dell

Charlton

Western

War

Romance

Horror

Magazines (w/ the exception of Rampaging Hulk)

most modern comics (although I read a lot of TPBs via the local library); I get some moderns for half-cover through local used bookstores

Spider-titles

Superman titles

Batman titles

X-titles

War - although I do enjoy the genre, it's just too late to get started now.

For you or because they're out of reach? I think they'll still have a way to go if a successful Sgt Rock movie were made.

BTW, I don't collect nothing.

(I'll pick up anything that catches my eye that I can afford)

A little of both...I'm not a spring chicken AND if I choose to start a title, I'll want to go all the way. For War books that means at least early Silver Age and that means less money for other collectons that I'm already working on.

I did read many a bronze DC War book back in the day. After a while, the stories seemed to become repetitive. Maybe I picked a bad era to start reading them?

For you or because they're out of reach? I think they'll still have a way to go if a successful Sgt Rock movie were made.

A little of both...I'm not a spring chicken AND if I choose to start a title, I'll want to go all the way. For War books that means at least early Silver Age and that means less money for other collectons that I'm already working on.

I did read many a bronze DC War book back in the day. After a while, the stories seemed to become repetitive. Maybe I picked a bad era to start reading them?

War books suck. I was unable to move any of the 40 I posted for sale tonight.

27_laughing.gif

please keep telling everyone how much they suck grin.gif

27_laughing.gif

please keep telling everyone how much they suck grin.gif

I will. Maybe then I would be able to afford one of my own consignment books. foreheadslap.gif

Higher graded comics, when theres still nice copies available.

I don't pay multiples of top guide for high grade comics. Theres just not enough difference in a 9.4 and any higher grade to me. (but I'll pay multiples of guide for a scarce comic).

Also, I'll never understand the guys who pass on a nice copy of a not to common comic because its not nice enough.

But maybe I'm old school, as I always filled the hole first and worried about upgrading later.