• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invalid People Comic ID!

12 posts in this topic

I was trying to enter comic descriptions into my sets and one of my comics came back with this error message when I clicked on the serial number. Comic Details: Invalid People Comic ID! It is for my X-Men 103. I can see the book in all the sets it is registered in. I just can't edit it. Has anyone seen this error before?

Casey

It happened to me as well but I understand why.

The application opens up tons of windows...I had a slot with multiple books assigned to it...I assigned a new book to the slot and saved it...and then went back to another window with the comic details and was trying to save book details...but it was the PREVIOUSLY registered book (it was an old window). Hence, the error was valid.

Keep those windows under check! Close 'em.

The Registry Buginator has spoken.

It happened to me as well but I understand why.

The application opens up tons of windows...I had a slot with multiple books assigned to it...I assigned a new book to the slot and saved it...and then went back to another window with the comic details and was trying to save book details...but it was the PREVIOUSLY registered book (it was an old window). Hence, the error was valid.

Keep those windows under check! Close 'em.

The Registry Buginator has spoken.

I didn't think I had that many windows open (maybe three or four) but I'll try it with only the comic set editor window open. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sterling,

That didn't work. I only had one window open, the comic set detail window, when i clicked on the serial # the second window opens with the same error. confused-smiley-013.gif. Also, I noticed when I open the details of the previous comic, X-men 102, it says "Next:X-Men 104". It should say "Next:X-Men103".

Hmm....

Try deleting your local cache in the browser. Silly I know. Yeah, if you don't have multiple books in your slot then you definitely don't have the problem I had.

Buginator Crown Cracked. frown.gif

sorry.gif I contacted "Request Support" so hopefully we'll have an answer in a few days. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I was trying to enter comic descriptions into my sets and one of my comics came back with this error message when I clicked on the serial number. Comic Details: Invalid People Comic ID! It is for my X-Men 103. I can see the book in all the sets it is registered in. I just can't edit it. Has anyone seen this error before?

Casey

I'm getting the same thing when I try to edit my Giant-Size Super Villain Team Up #2.

There are two different listings for that book in the census. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Casey

I'm getting the same thing when I try to edit my Giant-Size Super Villain Team Up #2.

There are two different listings for that book in the census. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Perhaps. (shrug) They did finally fix mine.