• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Ultimates" getting rebooted with new issue #1

46 posts in this topic

I think they should just continue the title with the numbering. Who [!@#%^&^] cares about number ones.

DC is all about the comics...

Marvel is all about the cash

Well... that's partially because DC's publishing branch in comics isn't all that important because they have a huge corporation backing them... Marvel really needs to turn a profit on their publishing, even though their movies and licensed properties have been doing better... still, it's important that they show a profit every month.

DC has recently been turning on the creative fires... I've been thrilled with their direction lately... but in 2000, it was Marvel who was doing the exciting stuff... so I guess the tide is just turning.

i think this move is also pretty #$@%#@ up.the way they keep messing up the number system and relaunching titles just to get high sales for #1s.i wish they would just let all the major titles be like decetive comics and just keep going and going and going. 893blahblah.gif

Why don't they just reboot every title each month. This way, they could maximize profits by having nothing but #1's of every book each and every month.

In September, you can pick up Wolverine #1, volume 3.

In October, grab a copy of Wolverine #1, volume 4.

In November, be sure to pick up the collectible Wolverine #1, volume 5.

In December....

246938-HeadExplode.gif

246938-HeadExplode.gif.7b74bc384b0762c8f172cfc8883a4119.gif

Don't worry about the numbering. Marvel will only let the issues go until they reach a mythical milestone like 25, 50, 100 with double cover price...followed the next week with a new relaunched #1(at double cover).

Man, I been a Marvel Zombie for many years but DC is the only user friendly publisher of the big two.

Thanks alot for the vid Bug, that's really the first thing I'd want to see at 7:30 in the morning. bye, bye captain crunch.

In December....

I just wanted to be the first to welcome Bill Jemas to the CGC forums!!

In December....

I just wanted to be the first to welcome Bill Jemas to the CGC forums!!

OK.. both of these, mostly Bug... VERY funny ROFLMAO... grin.gif27_laughing.gif

I was really disappointed with Marvel decided to relaunch Wolverine. That series was doing well. The new series SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!

Too if Marvel doesn't relaunch it's titles, how then can they do the much hyped return to orignial numbering later in the year when sales drop. Come on fan boys and girls, get on the numbering wagon. It's all about the "Benjamin$" baby.

I was really disappointed with Marvel decided to relaunch Wolverine. That series was doing well. The new series SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!

Too if Marvel doesn't relaunch it's titles, how then can they do the much hyped return to orignial numbering later in the year when sales drop. Come on fan boys and girls, get on the numbering wagon. It's all about the "Benjamin$" baby.

I like the new Wolverine, but didn't see any need for Marvel to relaunch the title. Stupid move on Marvel's part. makepoint.gif

You like it? To each his own, but I personally don't care for Troll Wolverine. Just aint working for me. And the story takes forever, I think I aged three years waiting for Greg Rucka to get to the point. Wolverine is all about his claws, it's killer. Why then try to turn him into Mr. Sensitive only using his claws incognito?

Between Marvel's neverending stories and DC's Tales of Inertia where nothing new can or will ever happen, Vertigo is the only way to go, amigo!

(But I do enjoy Exiles and Runaways a lot. But considering that Runaways is actually written by a guy who does one of the finest Vertigo books ever-- Y The Last Man-- I guess Runaways doesn't really count.)

i liked runaways, but i just dropped it, because it felt too padded. I was buying eternal, but that got axed. That was a great read, the only marvel book that actually felt like a Vertigo. My new book purchases are down from about 18 a month to about 5. frown.gif

Still buying Y, Ultimate spidey, hellblazer, fables & the occasional thing that catches my eye.

I think you guys are being a little too hard on Marvel, at least compared to the other publishers. Marvel basically eliminated nearly all of their reprintings and gimmick covers while DC still does these fairly often (like the Jim Lee Batman run). Of course Marvel does the TPBs pretty quickly, but that is better than 2nd print comics and multiple gimmick covers.

I have a feeling that Joe Quesada hated the renumbering of the "classic" titles as much as we do which is why they seem to be trying to get the numbering back to the old system, starting with FF #500. You can't blame him for the folly of past Marvel managment who I will be the first to admit were a bunch of greedy fools who were clueless in every way as to how to run the publishing division.

This prospect of an Ultimates relaunch is disappointing, and I thought the relaunches of Peter Parker and Wolverine were pretty lame as well. But I suppose that Mavel is tired of DC profiting from similar tactics and the comic buying public supports these moves, so I think they are caving in a bit...like with the FF #500 variant cover as well.

I just get the feeling that Joe Q is trying to fight the "good fight" to an extent, but he's just losing the battle here and there to DC and has decided to come down to their level a bit. I still think he's done some wonderful things with Marvel and improving the overall level of quality in their books.

So the bottom line is that I have to agree that these relaunches are a bad idea, but I have to cut Joe Q's Marvel a little slack because of all the other great things they've done in the past few years.

ISo the bottom line is that I have to agree that these relaunches are a bad idea, but I have to cut Joe Q's Marvel a little slack because of all the other great things they've done in the past few years.

Not me. Either Joe Q has power or he doesn't. You can't give him kudos for things you like, while rendering him impotent on those you don't.

ISo the bottom line is that I have to agree that these relaunches are a bad idea, but I have to cut Joe Q's Marvel a little slack because of all the other great things they've done in the past few years.

Not me. Either Joe Q has power or he doesn't. You can't give him kudos for things you like, while rendering him impotent on those you don't.

Exactly....