• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action#30,40,50,Dect#51,54,Bat#8,GL#14,Capt.Marvel#11,Leading#11 LOT

18 posts in this topic

You can read the adventures of how I obtained this lot, along with cover scans and comic conditions at . . .

Strikin' Gold In Indiana!

Summary:

Action #30 - best condition of the lot. If the cover was cleaned up, it would present very nicely. There are some chipping down the spine. Two small pieces the size of a nail head are loose or detached. Detached 'dot' is in the sleeve. Cover attached. GOOD Condition.

Action #40 - Looks good on the trophy display! Upon closer inspection, the rip down the center and extending to the top of Superman's "S" is disappointing. Tear does not include the comic pages. Creasing from the upper right edge 2" in. It extends at an angle until about 5" down the right edge. It effects the entire comic. Cover attached. There was only one staple holding the comic together. I'm assuming that is how it was published, because there is no evidence of a lower staple ever nailed to it. FAIR Condition.

Action #50 - Cover firmly attached. Cover roll in the upper right corner. Rodent nibbles along right edge. Chipping in upper right corner where the 'S' in Superman is. FAIR Condition.

Batman #8 - Needle marks. Dog-ear crease had separated the upper edge from the cover. FAIR Condition.

Detective #51 - Worst condition of the lot. Needle marks. Cover nearly detached. Still connect from the upper corner down to the 'May'. Back cover shows brown stains. FAIR Condition.

Detective #54 - Crease down the middle. Needle marks. Cover firmly attached. Brown stains on the back cover. FAIR Condition.

Green Lantern #14 - Detached cover. FAIR\GOOD Condition

Captain Marvel #11 - Needle marks. Firmly attached cover. FAIR Condition.

Leading Comics #11 - Firmly attached cover. VERY GOOD Condition.

Paper Quality on all is NOT Brittle.

I had spent some time researching the recently sold statistics on the Actions, Detectives, and Batman before I bought the collection.

A fair market value for the lot is $730, postage paid..

If I don't receive any offers within the board by next Wednesday, I'll list them individually in a 10 day auction on ebay -- beginning on Thursday.

If Skypinkblu doesn't take them and you decide to split them up I would be interested in the Tecs. Love the cover to 51, even though the covers messed up.

You can read the adventures of how I obtained this lot, along with cover scans and comic conditions at . . .

Summary:

Action #30 - best condition of the lot. If the cover was cleaned up, it would present very nicely. There are some chipping down the spine. Two small pieces the size of a nail head are loose or detached. Detached 'dot' is in the sleeve. Cover attached. GOOD Condition.

Action #40 - Looks good on the trophy display! Upon closer inspection, the rip down the center and extending to the top of Superman's "S" is disappointing. Tear does not include the comic pages. Creasing from the upper right edge 2" in. It extends at an angle until about 5" down the right edge. It effects the entire comic. Cover attached. There was only one staple holding the comic together. I'm assuming that is how it was published, because there is no evidence of a lower staple ever nailed to it. FAIR Condition.

Action #50 - Cover firmly attached. Cover roll in the upper right corner. Rodent nibbles along right edge. Chipping in upper right corner where the 'S' in Superman is. FAIR Condition.

Batman #8 - Needle marks. Dog-ear crease had separated the upper edge from the cover. FAIR Condition.

Detective #51 - Worst condition of the lot. Needle marks. Cover nearly detached. Still connect from the upper corner down to the 'May'. Back cover shows brown stains. FAIR Condition.

Detective #54 - Crease down the middle. Needle marks. Cover firmly attached. Brown stains on the back cover. FAIR Condition.

I had spent some time researching the recently sold statistics on the Actions, Detectives, and Batman before I bought the collection.

If I don't receive any offers within the board by next Wednesday, I'll list them individually in a 10 day auction on ebay -- beginning on Thursday.

takeit.giftakeit.gif

I give up, lol...

Well, I wasn't that far off either, lol...;) but Dan's post kind of pushed me...

peer pressure!

Years of being in dressing rooms where you liked the dress someone else was trying on and waited till they took it off, so you could grab it..;)

It's hard to explain unless you've been there, loltonofbricks.gif

Summary:

Thanks, as per our PMs and phone conversations, payment has been sent:) I can't wait to see the books, thank you! cloud9.gif

Nice books you got there gal... now change your username.. it's so hard to remember those darn colours in order.. tongue.gif

Thanks...errr...who were you again..;);) ?

and don't you NEED some war books, lol?

I keep threatening to find hug gremlins, if you are NOT good, I'm gonna go get one...;)poke2.gif