• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ciorac, Detective27Kid, Esquirecomics, Steve Borock , Beerbohm at GEM!

268 posts in this topic

Glad you like that one theagenes. Since you were a frequent visitor/contributor to the now infamous thread, I knew you would appreciate the humor of the captions. headbang.gif

Yeah that OO thread did get a little heated at times, didn't it. shy.gif

Nah, it was all in fun and the spirit of debate. Good times! cloud9.gif

In fact, Bob finally gave in and accepted the idea that Superman was the driving force in the hobby at the dawn of the golden age...so much so that he had Supes on his mind the rest of the day.....

bob.jpg

It's nice to see faces of people you start dealing with. I started buying a couple books from Robert Beerbohm. He's a great guy to work with and knows his books. It know this is a bit OT.

The museum is fanastic looking maybe one day If my Wife and I go on a trip. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

the BLB on the left is the #1 ranked Big Little Book....there are only 2 known copies ( I thought there were 3...but there are only 2! ). The other one is owned by yours truly.....what are the chances of a collectible so rare there are only 2, and as big as the world is, both copies are in Baltimore and owned by someone named Steve?

1876327-geppi-2032.jpg

Steve

1876327-geppi-2032.jpg.fba3206f385b2567b6e3423c1fdb166d.jpg

what are the chances of a collectible so rare there are only 2, and as big as the world is, both copies are in Baltimore and owned by someone named Steve?

Steve

100%?

Here are a few of the pics i took. Arnold was a delightful host explaining each of the exhibit halls:

GEMvisit2007-001.jpg

GEMvisit002.jpg

GEMvisit003.jpg

GEMvisit004.jpg

This last pic, Pons and I fell behind as he was explaining to me the importantance of America's first printed comic book Obadiah Oldbuck from waaaay back in 1842

And here Arnold is explaining the "Pioneer" room's importance to the history of comic books, housing a "couple" artifacts dating 100s of years prior to when Superman debuted. In the 2nd pic, Bill P just felt compelled to document all that prior history

GEMvisit010.jpg

GEMvisit009.jpg

hello all..

since you all got some of my other traveling companion's perspectives, I tried to pick a few shots I took that I enjoyed...

th_GEM18.jpg

th_GEM17.jpg

th_GEM16.jpg

th_GEM15.jpg

th_GEM14.jpg

th_GEM13.jpg

th_GEM12.jpg

th_GEM11.jpg

th_GEM10.jpg

th_GEM9.jpg

th_GEM8.jpg

th_GEM7.jpg