• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much to pay for a 9.6 tec 405

8 posts in this topic

I had the recent oppurtunity to offer a price for a beautiful 9.6 Detective Comics 405. I was told my price was too high and was just wondering how much the board thought would be fair. All opinions welcome. Keep in mind that a 9.4 copy sold for $900 fairly recently. I will not reveal how much I offerred as to keep the opinions unbaised. Thanks for your time. thumbsup2.gif

Well,

Three 9.6's on census...does yours have white pages? Is it centered perfectly? I would have to see a scan....

Probably in the 1.5k ish area, depending on if it's the BEST 9.6 or not. JMHO

I think the $910 sale was a fluke. There's only one other GPA sale of a 9.6 copy in the last 12 months, and that went for $139(also a fluke, the answers lies somewhere in the middle). This book has a great cover, but it doesn't have Adams interior art.

The white on the spine on your copy is going to scare away a number of collectors. I think if you threw it up on eBay with no reserve, it'd probably sell in the area of $650-$700.

Id agree that the $910 sale was a fluke. You had a couple hungry bidders throwing crazy money at a book that they wanted pretty badly with a very popular seller. I think on the open market you'd see a 9.4 go for around $600 and a 9.6 go from anywhere from 1100-1200. All dependent on page quality and centering of course.

Thanks guys! I had ben going in blind because the lack of sales on this book and I really like the cover but as you said no interior art by adams. Hmm Seems I was a bit hasty. A friend of mines told me I had offerred to much and it appears is the wiser. But I will wait for more people to weigh in. Thanks to all who give their opinion.