• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who gives cheapest (best) discounts on cgc submissions?

11 posts in this topic

You may want to try your LCS. Sometimes they will allow you to submit books through them for grading without you having to pay the shipping cost there and back. In other words, you given them the books, they send it for grading, once they come back, you pay them a set price for each one. Mine are 15 a piece for moderns. But every LCS is different.

You may want to try your LCS. Sometimes they will allow you to submit books through them for grading without you having to pay the shipping cost there and back.

Highly unnecessary and not required. First, your books are already out of your hands at CGC...no need to have another party in addition to CGC handling your books. There was a board member here (DeeDee maybe?) that had a problem going this route. Granted, you may save $10 to $20 on shipping, but if they are charging you full price for the submission, then they are pocketing up to 20% of your submission. (CGC gives a commission to dealers of 20%-dealer's discount).

Bottom line...find an internet dealer offering 20% (ComicLink or Heritage) and submit through those sites...pack and send your own books!

I fully agree, it would have to be someone I really really trust. Another friend of mine on the boards had a huge problem with an LCS charging way more than needed for slabbing and for shipping. I think all told he spent an additional $70 for 3 or 4 books to be slabbed and shipped back to the LCS. It was beyond ridiculous and he confronted the LCS about it later on (they didn't see anything wrong with it either...which is sad...).

Well, you do what you think works for you. I've done it both ways through an online dealer and through my LCS. I've done business with the guy for about a year and I started with just a couple of moderns. It cost me 30 bucks. I just submitted six mondern books and it cost me $90.00. Not including taxes, however, I also get a 10 percent discount from him and I don't pay until the come back. I agree that every LCS is different, some are just trying to scam you, and you have another person handeling your books. Online is more convenient and you're packing the books yourself and if you're not to concerned about paying for the shipping then give it a try.