• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-Men #10

12 posts in this topic

Got this in a lot auction of 3 comics, where I was really after one of the other comics in the lot. This didn't have a grade attached to it, so I really didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it. Nothing exceptional, but still reasonably solid.

What say you all?

X10F.jpg

X10B.jpg

I'll try my hand at this one as well.

I'd also have to say about 7.0, though I cant really see creases or bends if there are any.

It looks just slightly better than my CGC'd 6.0 (I dont have the sun shadow however, if thats in fact what it is).

7.0 maybe, being that creases & bends aren't apparent in the scan 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I dont however understand the workings of sun shadows so maybe like the other guy said; 6.0 confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice book though, a bit better than mine. thumbsup2.gif

kind regards

Rob

My first impression was about 6.0

It might be higher, possibly 7.0-ish since the back cover looks pretty good to me, only some minor creases and the staples look to be in good condition. The front cover looks good, very minimal color breaks except a couple small stress lines on the spine. Corners are good overall. But that shadow on the upper-right will likely keep the grade down.

Definitely a solid copy. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, that's sun shadow... or dust shadow... some kind of shadow anyway. I really don't know how to tell the difference. (Can someone enlighten me?)

No creases or bends on this one. Nice and flat. There a 1/4" tear on the outside BC, just to the left of Marvel Mike.

I'm happy with a 6.0, if that's what it is. If were to pro-rate the total I paid based on the book value of the three comics I got in the auction, it works out that I got this one for about $20.

Yeah, that's sun shadow... or dust shadow... some kind of shadow anyway. I really don't know how to tell the difference. (Can someone enlighten me?)

No creases or bends on this one. Nice and flat. There a 1/4" tear on the outside BC, just to the left of Marvel Mike.

I'm happy with a 6.0, if that's what it is. If were to pro-rate the total I paid based on the book value of the three comics I got in the auction, it works out that I got this one for about $20.

Oops or even a 6.5 perhaps, forgot about that, but realized after looking at the grading guide. foreheadslap.gif

I subconsciously stated "Sun Shadow." Grading guide lists 3 different shadows:

Sun Shadow

Oxidation Shadow and

Dust Shadow

But I myself know little about them (errr, grade wise that is) but Im wondering, wouldnt sun shadow have a bleaching effect vs a darkening effect? If that was true then yours is probably oxidation or dust, which the guide says (in other-words) is less severe than Sun which I believe its saying is irreversable. Grading guide I believe said Sun was the worst (severe defect).

kind regards

Rob

looks like sun shadow. Sun shadow damages the quality of paper and can make it almost brittle in texture. Still nice book and no grade cuz I dont know how to grade with any type of shadow on comic.

Yeah... my initial impression was 6.0, but would really like to be able to see it in hand, you know? Whether it's a 6.0 or 7.0 though, at $20, you made an absolute killing on this one- congrats!!!