• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman delays?

33 posts in this topic

:bump:

Went to my shop yestrday and to my surprise, there was not one, but 2 issus of Batman. 666 and 667.

666 was an interesting future tale, although I was confused at some of it. Who was the evil Bats (not Bruce/Talia's kid, but the other guy)?

667 begins a new arc with JH Williams art. Story looks promising.

:bump:

Went to my shop yestrday and to my surprise, there was not one, but 2 issus of Batman. 666 and 667.

666 was an interesting future tale, although I was confused at some of it. Who was the evil Bats (not Bruce/Talia's kid, but the other guy)?

667 begins a new arc with JH Williams art. Story looks promising.

could be a disgruntled Jason Todd or Tim Drake hm Really liked this issue as I'm a sucker for future tales where the world is going to hell.

hopefully with the new artist taking over for the return of Ra's this book will start coming out on a regular basis :wishluck:

:bump: So I'm finally caught up on this title, but muy confuso! :pullhair:

665 ended all ominous with the 3rd evil Batman out there, and Ras' impending return.

666 flashed forward 20 some odd years, which was fine. Mention was made of the previous plotline, and the 3rd evil Batman appeared, though we never discovered who he was. Some intentional confusion about whether Ras or Satan (or maybe they're supposed to be one-in-the-same) is really pulling the strings.

But 667-668 and apparently 669 take off in another direction entirely, set in the present day but with the "Club of Heroes" plotline. Now was this a separate arc originally written to drop in the middle of the other storyline (like what happened with Action Comics and Wonder Woman?) Maybe they originally intended it to give Andy Kubert a chance to catch up, though I understand he's off the book now for good.

Or will this turn out to be somehow connected to the previous storyline? hm(shrug)

not really. I think this Heroes Club thing is great. The artwork is spectacularly good: reminds me of standout styling like Adama, Rogers and Steranko! He used to do Promethia, right?

Yep. He did Promethea and Desolation Jones. The Batman stuff looks more like his DJ stuff than Promethea. Great artist.

I tend to agree that it's bad for the book. Too much switching back and forth just to keep Morrison & Kubert on the book. Same problem with Donner & Johns (on Action). Unless you read previews (which I don't), you never know who will be doing the book in a given month. Also causes the stories to be standalones (which I prefer to see continuity and flow). DC has really taken a dive since One Year Later (in my opinion).

Pat

DJ? Im drawing a blank...

In a nutshell

A Warren Ellis comic about a washed up MI5 agent living in LA who takes on various "dirty" jobs to keep himself entertained.

He was experimented on by the British Government and had a few probes inserted here or there and now he looks like a weirdo and has a couple of strange powers.

Think it's published by Wildstorm (shrug)

DJ? Im drawing a blank...

In a nutshell

A Warren Ellis comic about a washed up MI5 agent living in LA who takes on various "dirty" jobs to keep himself entertained.

He was experimented on by the British Government and had a few probes inserted here or there and now he looks like a weirdo and has a couple of strange powers.

Think it's published by Wildstorm (shrug)

That's the one. Yes, Wildstorm is the publisher.