• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 75 Platinum Edition

20 posts in this topic

Hello. Im new to the boards and comics grading in general. I bought a copy of the platinum edition about 14 years ago (whenever it came out). I never opened the black bag and i remember hearing that eventually those bags will ruin the comics inside. I was just curious as to what kind of time frame there is before they start to look bad. I'm really wanting to get it graded but hate to open it to find yellow pages or anything like that. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Well, if you guys think your copy has a shot at 9.8, i'd rip it out of the bag right now......look what this ones bringin 893whatthe.gif

Supeman 75 CGC 9.8 WTF!!!!!!!

After seeing that copy go for over $1300.00 893whatthe.gif Me thinks I should sell one of mine 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks risky... bids were only half that amount, until the "Bidder 13/Bidder 14" activity. (...and the winner is a zero feedbacker.)

I agree with valiantman. I sold one about 6 months ago for $700 or more. I think that is all it is worth.

That means you're the guy who sold it to me hi.gif

The second highest bidder seems to be legit so I went ahead and put one of my copies up on ebay with a Buy it Now of $1,300.00 27_laughing.gif We'll see...I'd like to get Dan Jurgens to sign the other copy I own and make it a yellow label 9.8, but he doesn't seem to be around nowadays confused-smiley-013.gif

Are you from Hawaii?? Twas me. That book is impossible to anyone who deals with it. I have probably owned 50-100 raw copies and they always have really bad spine bends. It is not an easy 9.8 after being in the bag for so many years. It isn't a book that can be "pressed out" also. It is really thick and I would assume can not be "fixed". I think it is a really good book long-term and short-term in high grade.

I agree with valiantman. I sold one about 6 months ago for $700 or more. I think that is all it is worth.

The second highest bidder seems to be legit so I went ahead and put one of my copies up on ebay with a Buy it Now of $1,300.00 27_laughing.gif We'll see...I'd like to get Dan Jurgens to sign the other copy I own and make it a yellow label 9.8, but he doesn't seem to be around nowadays confused-smiley-013.gif

news.gif893whatthe.gifheadbang.gifacclaim.gif

Superman #75 Platinum CGC 9.8

Ya i had been watching that one also. I still wish somone knew about the bag thing though. I have been feeling mine for spine damage and corners and im just dying to open it and grade it but as i said i dont want a disappointment right out of the bag.

Also, any tips on the best way to send it so it wont get damaged?

thanks

news.gif893whatthe.gifheadbang.gifacclaim.gif

Superman #75 Platinum CGC 9.8

893whatthe.gif

I've read that the print run of the polybagged Superman #75 was somewhere between 2-4 million copies. I haven't seen an estimated print run of the platinum issue but I know it's over 10,000 because one of my copies is 10,134. Anyone have the exact numbers??

sign-rantpost.gifOne thing that bugs me about the census is that we have no idea how many copies of a given issue have been prescreened. I "asked CGC" on the forum if they'd consider adding a "prescreened" column next to the grade on the census but I never got a response nor was it posted. For example, there may very well have been 5000 copies of Superman 75 platinum screened for 9.8 but only 3 copies have made the grade.