• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are You Kidding Me...

154 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm, perhaps put a delay into the system? one has to wonder if the buyer did, in fact, get wind of the people here mocking him and decided to back out. had it been reported 2 weeks later, he wouldn't have been able to back out so easily.

look what happened when someone posted the great ebay deal on some 30s comic that was misdescribed (a potentially multi-K book for $10 or something like that), but they did it before they had the comic in hand!!! The seller probably got wind of the discussion here (someone probably e-mailed him) and realized he was about to give something away. it was promptly re-listed for some gargantuan sum.

the lesson: don't count your chickens before they hatch and don't talk about it!!!!

GPA is not totally accurate as they don't record private transactions. confused-smiley-013.gif

If you can't verify it happened, how do you know if really happened?

There are ways to verify a sale or at least show proof that you did recieve money for the product.If payment is sent via paypal I could show GPA my paypal payment reciept.. no??

I personally would like if I was able to report my sales to GPA. I have had plenty of private transactions with some of my fellow X-Men collectors on these boards via pm or email... buying and selling. A handful of those sales would be GPA highs. Certain books I have bought and sold have a handful of transactions and 2 books have 1 transaction each and 1 has 0. So while there have been sales of a particular book(s) it is not shown on GPA.

I think it would be great if someway we could make some type of group/organization where each person must be recommended by a reputable person(s) and apporved by George to join and those can report sales to GPA.

I personally would like if I was able to report my sales to GPA. I have had plenty of private transactions with some of my fellow X-Men collectors on these boards via pm or email... buying and selling. A handful of those sales would be GPA highs. Certain books I have bought and sold have a handful of transactions and 2 books have 1 transaction each and 1 has 0. So while there have been sales of a particular book(s) it is not shown on GPA.

I think it would be great if someway we could make some type of group/organization where each person must be recommended by a reputable person(s) and apporved by George to join and those can report sales to GPA.

I agree Danny. I also think that George doesnt have a problem with it. It is the simple logistics of how to do it.

I think Ed had a good idea about a portal that authorized sellers/buyers can use to submit data to GPA.

I have no clue as to how to develop that but in theory the idea sounds solid.

I think no one got the gist of my post. We can solve the scalability problem easily (that will be to GPA's liking)...a transaction gateway (like a credit card gateway) that can be used to send transaction information from the seller's e-Biz solution to GPA in an automated fashion...the problem is with the "verification" or "proof" of the transaction. That's a more sensitive subject and I don't know politically if GPA wants to "go there".

If GPA could come up with standard guidelines that can be enforced/audited, then this could take off. I understand the hesitancy of not letting this get "too wild" because once the data is exposed as "tainted", then GPA's business goes down the drain (like CGC, customer perception IS reality and directly affects business).

Not sure if this suggestion was ever made, but as a way to make slab sales registry more flexible, perhaps GPA or an intermediate exchange site can provide a service whereby both private buyers and sellers can meet to make the transaction. And upon completing the transaction (money successfully transferred to seller), then a trigger goes off to record the sale in GPA stats. Thoughts?

The circle is now complete.... tonofbricks.gif

Don't look now, there is a beautifully centered white page 9.6 that was listed on Comiclink for about $825. If someone was willing to pay $2500 for one, why haven't they snagged this one for a meager $825?ponder.gif

Don't look now, there is a beautifully centered white page 9.6 that was listed on Comiclink for about $825. If someone was willing to pay $2500 for one, why haven't they snagged this one for a meager $825?ponder.gif

No, there's absolutely no market manipulation going on here.. meh

I assume everyone tired of this issue, but after getting sucked into it at the beginning and continuing to read,I had to finish,but 1/2 way through this story,all I could think was that everyone wants to think some conspiracy is going on,and would have continued, if the facts were not indeed revealed......It was apparent to me from early on, that human nature trumps all.!!!..Rarely does someone say I want THAT and I am willing to pay this outrageous price for it!,and I want you to go find it for me.....well a "broker" or "friend" or whatever is absolutely going to find and knowing that they will have to do all the leg work etc...and knowing darn well that there is a huge enuf spead there to make a darn nice fee!Hello??...that's how bus. works & brokers specifically work....,& yes these "rare" deals are far and few between,so you jump on the opportunity....and yes there is an ethical line that is drawn on an individual basis as to how much you should make $$ off a particular transaction....but when your buyer does'nt care the cost,it would be up to you to negotiate the best deal that makes you the most commission ,or whatever you want to call it.

It seems to me the only question is : that can Pedigree or whomever,knowing there's a buyer at this price,and has negotiated w/ the buyers rep., and subsequently listed the book at that price, which they know before hand what it will be sold for, and subsequently it is purchaced by this particular buyer,that it is put into the GPA/average etc., where it affects the market conditions for that particular book.....and THAT is what everyone is really concerned about!!!