• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Writer poll

Who is your favorite writer?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite writer?

40 posts in this topic

On your list, I chose Alan Moore but I have also enjoyed Loeb at times. There are so many you left out though and on top of my head I know I would include: Barks, Binder, Brubaker, Busiek, Chapman, Cole, Eisner, Kelly, Kurtzman, Robinson, Stanley, Vaughan, ...

On your list, I chose Alan Moore but I have also enjoyed Loeb at times. There are so many you left out though and on top of my head I know I would include: Barks, Binder, Brubaker, Busiek, Chapman, Cole, Eisner, Kelly, Kurtzman, Robinson, Stanley, Vaughan, ...
I didnt want to take an hour to make a poll. confused-smiley-013.gif As to all those wonderful writers of the past I also love them its that I tried to keep the choices more modern. Eisner is a king. Brubaker is very masterful. Is that James Robinson? I havent read much of him. Truly tho there are many good writers but I am a Moore slut. hail.gif

Based on the choices offered, Moore edged out Miller for me.

I have yet to read the Dark Knight sequel, due to the mixed(?) reviews it received. That was the deciding factor for me; I couldn't think of one bad Alan Moore project...?

Now if the contest was for favorite overall writer/artist...........

Rick

Alot of people are gong to say Moore,but Moore didn't write a ton of Superhero stuff,but neither did Neil Gaiman and I really like Gaiman,but I also really like Frank Miller...this list is too hard,i'll pass on voting.

Based on the choices offered, Moore edged out Miller for me.

I have yet to read the Dark Knight sequel, due to the mixed(?) reviews it received. That was the deciding factor for me; I couldn't think of one bad Alan Moore project...?

Now if the contest was for favorite overall writer/artist...........

Rick

I am in the exact same boat as you. Miller has that macho story telling that I crave but he can go overboard at times. I have peeked into TDKR2 but am scared it would ruin my enjoyment of the first mini.

Chris Claremont
What else has he written besides x-men? I don't remember anything else he has written. He and Peter David had some nice long runs on their respective books. I read many of their work in my childhood.

Chris Claremont
What else has he written besides x-men? I don't remember anything else he has written. He and Peter David had some nice long runs on their respective books. I read many of their work in my childhood.

Wolvy Mini-Series

'Nuff said