• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Writer poll

Who is your favorite writer?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite writer?

40 posts in this topic

On your list, I chose Alan Moore but I have also enjoyed Loeb at times. There are so many you left out though and on top of my head I know I would include: Barks, Binder, Brubaker, Busiek, Chapman, Cole, Eisner, Kelly, Kurtzman, Robinson, Stanley, Vaughan, ...
I didnt want to take an hour to make a poll. confused-smiley-013.gif As to all those wonderful writers of the past I also love them its that I tried to keep the choices more modern. Eisner is a king. Brubaker is very masterful. Is that James Robinson? I havent read much of him. Truly tho there are many good writers but I am a Moore slut. hail.gif

I understand. I thought about Johns as well but really would prefer DeMatteis for versatility. And yes, it's James Robinson from Starman to Leave it to Chance.

I have yet to read the Dark Knight sequel, due to the mixed(?) reviews it received.

Go to your local library and look for it in the graphic novels section. That way, if you don't like it, it won't have cost you anything. That's what I did, and I'm glad. I didn't like it at all.

But out of the list, I still voted for Miller due to his work on DD and DKR.

How about Grant Morrison? Definitely my favorite modern writer.

Morrison's Animal Man is as great a read as anything in recent memory - I'd say he's a more versatile writer than most of the choices. And let's not forget Peter Milligan and Jamie Delano....

I predictably voted for Moore, FWIW.

What about Warren Ellis? Planetary is just unbelievable. And his Authority stories are hard to beat.

I voted for Moore, but would have considered Claremont. Favorites of mine by Claremont: Aliens:DOTS, 1970s Captain Britain, Excalibur, Fantastic Four vs. X-men, etc.

Can people list their all time favorite stories/story lines as well?

I know some people have listed them here can it be placed in a thread?

Whatever floats your boat I always say. I see that Brubaker is plenty popular and I agree that he is very crisp and original. I just havent had that moment yet where I go Holy Smokes this guy is great although I read DD every month. Ah yes Grant Morrison does belong on this list doesnt he? CC has written only mutant books and I dont read much mutants anymore. Come to think about it not since he quit his first run. So that is the reason for him not realy a choice of mine. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifInteresting poll and responses

1 more note. I believe Garth Ennis to be horribly underrated as he is a very versatile writer although he prefer the side show stories. His punisher is perfect and Hitman was a lot of fun. Preacher is mindblowing and shocking if nothing else. Heheh he writes stuff people are afraid to even think. 27_laughing.gif

Can people list their all time favorite stories/story lines as well?

I know some people have listed them here can it be placed in a thread?

Whatever floats your boat I always say. I see that Brubaker is plenty popular and I agree that he is very crisp and original. I just havent had that moment yet where I go Holy Smokes this guy is great although I read DD every month. Ah yes Grant Morrison does belong on this list doesnt he? CC has written only mutant books and I dont read much mutants anymore. Come to think about it not since he quit his first run. So that is the reason for him not realy a choice of mine. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifInteresting poll and responses

Chris Claremont has written Spider Woman, Iron Fist, Ms Marvel (I think), Fantastic Four, Avengers Annual # 10 and a Tomb of Dracula story and those are the ones that sprung to mind in the first 10 seconds after reading this post. I'm sure he's written a lot more besides (of varying quality, his FF run was really bad).

Chris Claremont

Everything he's written in the last 15 years has been real real hard to choke down. All he's done in that time is show up and get books cancelled.